MMGs

A year ago, I bought a pair of MMGs.  In my 13x22 room, placement was a challenge but finally worked it out.

Speakers are powered by an Adcom GFA-555.  The only source is a CD player through a passive pre-amp.

Now I have a little more to spend and would like thoughts on the following options:

1) Mye stands for the MMGs

2) The DWM panel with the MMGs (secondary question - can this panel be placed on a side wall perpendicular to the MMGs?)

3) 1.7s

Open to other out-of-the-box suggestions as well.

The goal is always to attain that Magnepan soundstage.  Musical tastes are female vocalists, jazz, blues.
kythyn
the A23 and Odyssey Khartago have been around a long time. You can find a good A23 or Khartago Plus for around $600
JHills,

Thank you for your recommendations, I will go listen to the 1.7s this weekend.  The room feels like it wants more speaker, but that could be just positioning.

Johnnyb53,

If I pick up the Halo A23, what preamp would you suggest?  I am currently using a Schiit SYS passive amp because the Onix XCD88 CD player has a high gain.
A thought on the DWM panel - base  below 60 HZ is non directional and placement, as long as the filter is set at or below that, isn't really critical. I am not particularly familiar with the DWM panel but I am using a ADS Sub 12 with my 1.7 and It integrates very well, as it operates only between 20 - 60 HZ. icanskate mentioned a PSB sub that also integrated very well. Some believe that a cone woofer isn't quick enough to integrate with a ribbon or electrostat panel. The truth is - there is nothing quick about 20, 30 or even 40 HZ; it's all about producing those low frequencies and moving air in a given amount of space. I believe that the DWM panel/panels would work well and should be fairly flexible with placement as long as operating below 60 HZ. The 1.7s have a very good mid base down to about 50 HZ so any quality sub used only to augment frequencies below that, should work very well, with a minimal amount of critical placement.
Jim   
I had the MMG's not too long ago and shortly after purchased the bass panel which I did not like at all. 

At all. 

Waaaaaaay too many wires running all over the place.  

I suggest a REL subwoofer. My room is 14 x 24 and the small 8" REL was sufficient enough.  Better hook up than the bass panel, too.  
I'm new to the MMG experience as I just got a pair a few days ago - used so they are broken in. Mine came with Sound Anchor stands which raise the panel roughly 6" off the ground, at the lowest position setting, I switched them back to their OEM stands just out of curiosity  - flush with the ground and I feel the SA stands do help both with bass and the overall clarity of the sound. I have them on hardwood floors so may be its the reflections off the floor when the panel is sitting right against the floor or the 6" space on the bottom of the panels. Or it could also be a bit more rigidity that the stands add to the frame.  Can't tell for sure what but the overall sound is better, for sure. The stands allow for an additional 8" of height but I think it'll not only make them look awkward but might make them a bit tippy although the stands are fairly wide and deep. Just a thought.