Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hey mac48025,

For my personal taste both in music, mainly acoustic jazz, and volume levels, mainly based on the size of the instruments/singer, along with dynamics about 95% of the time I'm fine without the ZOTL-40 amp.  For a matter of fact I'm going to start experimenting with the  Micro-ZOTL driving SET 2A3 or 300B based amps in the next couple of weeks.  This should be very interesting, can I get the overall power/pop of the Micro-ZOTL and all the meat on the bones and color of either of these tubes?  Going from the 1 watt of the Micro-ZOTL as an amp to either 4 or 8 watts for the SET amps could be a match made in heaven!  The combo of LTA is still world class, these other combinations will give different tastes and this experimenting is possible because the DI's are such an easy load to drive.
mac,
You  can always start with the Micro-ZOTL and add the 40 if need be.  I have to say I am so pleased with my current system I don't feel the need to push the ZOTL button.......yet.   I have no doubt the equipment is special as teajay has posted.
I must say, I am partial to integrated amps.  Maybe part of me is waiting for what LTA has in the works with their integrated.
The Line Magnetic 518ia still captures my attention.  One was just listed on the gon.  Not taken with the cosmetics, but my gut tells me it would probably be smokin' with the DI's (maybe literally if not given enough ventilation).
Teajay, 
That's a very interesting comparison and I look forward to reading your listening impressions of DHT SET amps vs the known high bar performance of the LTA ZOTL amps. What a wonderfully versatile speaker to allow this type of scrutiny of fine low power amplifiers. This will be fun and informative to follow. 
Charles 
Thanks teajay, your experiment will be of great interest to me. One of the advantages of the LTA amps is that the DI's 4 ohm impedence doesn't bother them at all. The MZ2-S might drive the DI's easier than a larger SET amp but it sounds like a very worthwhile experiment. I look forward to your results. 

Thats exactly what I'm going to do corelli. I'm ordering the MZ2-S next week and I expect that like teajay it will suffice for over 95% of my listening needs. I'll get another pair of Tektons for my SS system for rocking out to and movie watching. I'm still keeping my options open regarding adding a ZOTL 40 later if I feel I need it. 

Thanks for thinking outside the box and sharing your results with us teajay. 
I will look forward to your impressions mac!  I'm sure you will be happy with it.  Please let us know how it compares to your current tube gear.  For that matter, your SS gear as well.