Hearing is believing?........power cables.......

For anyone who is skeptical about the difference a high quality power cord can make in your high quality audio system........try it.......hearing is believing. About 10 years ago when I bought my first "entry level" hifi system (B&K amp/preamp, Canton speakers) my audio advisor dropped off a Tara Labs Prism power cord. He said just try it for a week and if you don't think it makes a difference just return it. I, like most unfamiliar with high quality cables, was skeptical.......how could a cable 1 meter long from the wall to my equipment make a difference? I put it on the power amp and yes I could definitely tell there was a more defined bass and overall clearer soundscape. I'm a musicians, so I figured maybe the "non audiophile" can't hear the difference. So my brother-in-law who is a bricklayer came over and we did a blind listening test. I randomly switched the Tara, sometimes trying to fool him......told him I switched but didn't........he could tell every time I used the Tara! So I was convinced that it was "wishful thinking on my part or particularly sensitive ears. If you don't think a great power cable can make a difference........take the challenge. Try one for a week and see (hear) for yourself!
128x128mikeelzeysguitarstudio
bumperdoo: Those who really understand the science know that exotic power cords (and other glitzy wires and cables) fix "problems" that just do not exist. 
Below is link to a previous Agon discussion about how well-designed power cables can change and improve the sound of an audio system. My thoughts are in short that it has less to do with the power supplies and more to do with stewardship of the currents and fields in the proximity of your gear, and effectively reducing interference with low current processed signals in interconnects and speaker wires, I.E. keeping the big juice in the pipe.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/why-power-cable-effect-overall-syste-sound
Preview
I don't argue with people anymore. I know that power cables, interconnects, speaker wires, power supplies, output circuits, isolation, wires of the floor, grounding, etc. all make a difference. 

Now I'm going to listen to music so realistic that you can often be unhappy that you are hearing from the perspective of the microphone placements rather than the audience.
I think a common assumption many sceptics make (and I was one) is equating good power cords with expensive power cords. While there is overlap, they are two separate sets.

DIY is the only way I roll, but mainly because it lets me inexpensively experiment and satisfy my curiosity about which factors influence system sound. I highly recommend at least trying a good DIY design before passing judgement on whether or not power cords can affect the sound of a system.

That said, I’m still shocked that there are power cords costing in excess of $1000.. Not passing judgement on anyone who has such a cord. It’s just so far outside of my ’normal’..
Jmcgrogan2: it's high end audio advice!
You use this site for improv! You whine and try to project expertise in a futile attempt to be funny and smart! Your neither! See your physician for constipation of the brain and diarrhea of the mouth! The site is high end advice! You don't have a clue!