VAC 30/70...pick your pre?

Considering a pair of VAC 30/70’s however concerned a bit about matching the Pre well; on the other hand, can’t spend another 5-6k on a line stage right now. Thoughts? Recs? Get a better integrated instead for now?  Ideas about Line Magnetic 219 vs. Allnic T2000; pushing Wharfedale Jade 5's (87db 6ohm)

128x128phaun16
Was trying to PM you to avoid stretching this on here, but I can’t find that function.

Click on his moniker 'charles1dad', then click on 'Details' from the drop down menu.
Above Charles System 'SET Bliss', click on the button 'Marketplace Feedback'.
This will open a new tab. In the new tab, click on 'Send Message'.
A small window will appear that will allow you to send Charles a PM.

Paul,
I have the LM 508 integrated and will very soon be auditioning the Double Impact speakers. I'll report back with some impressions once I take delivery. I ordered them last Wednesday, and Eric said then it would only take "a few days" to make them. If I am lucky, they may ship later this week or early next week. They would seem to be a great match with the 508, but we will find out soon enough.

Hi Walter, 
That sounds like a potentially stellar amplifier and speaker match. I look forward to reading your subsequent listening impressions.  This is an interesting development given that you currently own the highly regarded Daedalus Ulysses speakers.  By the way did you order the 4 or the 8 ohm version of the DI.  Congratulations!
Charles 
Hi Charles,
I just couldn't resist trying the DI speakers, as much as I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my Ulysses speakers. I'm sort of playing a hunch, I guess. I have some time off on the horizon, so this is an ideal time for me to audition new speakers and conduct an intensive comparison between the mighty Ulysses and the upstart Double Impacts. I ordered the 4 ohm version, though the 508 should be fine with either version. It should be a lot of fun, really a can't lose proposition with Eric's 30-day trial period. I'll let you and others know what I think when they arrive and I have a little time to formulate some impressions. Thanks for your note!
Walter,
You have an excellent plan mapped out 😊. I find this discussion very significant given the implications of genuinely affordable (but not cheap) products that yield true upper tier sound quality. The Tekton DI has been very favorably compared to far more expensive speakers with established reputations for superior sound. Teajay’s comparison to the Lawrence Audio Cello and the Wilson Sasha.

Your Ulysses will be another high level reference point, so the bar remains high. What an exciting comparison it’d be, consider this,  the LM 508ia and the LTA ZOTL 40 driving the DIs. Similar amplifier power yet vastly different circuit/topologies.

What’s so intriguing is this experiment doesn’t require ultra level money expenditure. Excellent news for serious music lovers. Fun times! The notion that a 3000.00 dollar speaker can be the foundation of a superb sounding audio system is a reason to rejoice. Icing on the cake is this speaker permits a very wide range of amplifiers to be eligible for use.
Charles