Clarity Cap CMR Impressions

Hello!
Wondering if anyone has updated their passive crossover with the Clarity Cap CMR.
I'd like to hear how they compare to the MR and comparable competition. I saw some threads on the MR but not these.

Thanks 
Darren
128x128dmhenley
Also, to anyone doing capacitor comparisons, it is WAY easier to do them by replacing them in only one channel than both.

This actually reminds me a little of Carver's approach to amplifier comparison.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/carver-challenge

It would be really interesting to build a test bed to compare 2 film caps to each other simultaneously, then use that to record the delta between them in terms of performance using actual music.

I'm a genius. It needs a catchy name and a sponsor.

Best,

E

so, from these few hours of burn-in the cmr seems to have a mid-high more prominent and rough than mr which seems to be more warm and relaxed sound.
go on with burn-in, but i think the family sound you found is that....
i hope the thing go better in next hours
audio4pass

I haven’t heard every Mundorf Supreme but here are the traits I associate with them, in general. (The Mundorf MKP is a completely different animal, dark like the Clarity ESA only with more low level detail).

Very smooth, glass like quality to mid and top octaves, but there’s also a scintillation or over-saturation of colors in the mid to top. It’s not unpleasant, but it’s NOT natural. Real sounds and instruments don’t sound like this.

So, which is better? Clarity MR or Mundorf Supreme (and it’s varieties)??

That is up to you. Magico and B&W are big fans. I don’t think people realize at the top end of these ranges how much you are listening to the caps instead of the speaker drivers. It’s a big deal.

Personally, I wanted more natural sounding instruments. The kind of sound you hear when you walk up to a saxophone or violin busker on the T without an amplifier.

A lot of people do NOT agree with me, which is why I will die penniless and alone. :)

Best,

E
Funny Erik. I agree with you on the importance of caps in a speaker especially on the midrange and tweeter. I find the paper in oil/wax types with copper or aluminum foil sound best in terms of sounding more like the instrument. I have liked Mundorf in the past, but must say the Jupiter and Duelund caps seem to sound more real. There are others, but I have not tried them all.