Small room electrostat/ planar speaker?

In about 30 days will be moving to a new home where its going to be hard to make my 1.7 maggies work in a spouse friendly way ( the only large room is the main living room). I've always gravitated to planars and electrostatics, box speakers that don't sound colored or slow usually cost more than my entire system. Where I'd like to end up is a system that's extremely resolving at low to moderate volume levels, my main dissatisfaction with my current Mg 1.7 speakers and Prima Luna amp is that it really doesn't come to life until the volume is moderate listening levels or higher.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen something that approaches the coherency and speed of the 1.7s that would work in an 11x12 listening room? I'd like to keep the cost limited to $4k if possible.
128x128davide256
BTW another option is the Bob Carver Amazing Line Source system that comprises 2 multi-ribbon/side 4" driver array based tower and a Sub
Rosa subwoofer- amplifier-xover - amp. (I have one in my a smaller room probably the size you are going to. It is wonderful with lower powered valve/tube amps - 93 db efficient! ) I drove it with a 50 watt SS amp so you should have no problems. The towers are intended for tube amps. It is:
4 5/5" wide, 93" tall, 6 7/8" high (tower) w/SR 18 Hz -45Khz - I got 20Hz in my small room but that is the lowest tone I have. 
The system retails for $18500 complete. Subtract $3000 if you have the Audiokinesis Swarm and don't need the SR :)

I heard these at the NYAS in November. It got a very positive review on the S-Phile web site but was immediately taken down by J-A because of the bad blood with BC. I though it was the best sound at the show.  All the money coffins sounded distorted. Check the SBSound for a review of older models. 

Ivanj
Dealer
Factory upgrades and service
I suggest you give Newform Research a try. Ribbon tweeter/mid. Cone woofer. Fast, detailed, play nice at low volume. I’ve owned the R645V1 for years. They are the closest to an e-stat, yet monopole, and easy to use. I was in a 11’x14’ room. Add some treatments for bass, or room correction, and bingo! Seriously worth a listen. Call them for more detailed advice.
I recommend these..
http://www.newformresearch.com

For that size room a monitor is what is required and if the OP loves the sound of  Magneplaner, his best bet is a similar sounding box speaker.

The Jantzens are fantatastic we were a dealer when David Jantzen was trying to figure out the direct vs dealer model. We are no longer a dealer so no conflict of interest.

His Monitors would work great in that size room. The floorstanders have way too much bass.

Guys a 11 * 12 room is tiny and you really can't produce good bass nor would a diapole work well in that size room without a lot of work. 

Troy
Audio Doctor
I would have too disagree with that,the Valentina has a 3 position switch to select -3 ,0, +3 db on the 2 woofers.I used mine in a 11x12 bedroom 2nd system for a month with very good results.If I would have the monitor version I probably would have added a small sub.

Offcourse both versions are'nt dipoles so room position is a lot easier. 

Just my experiance and opinion.
Kenny.

My late night listening room has much the same dimensions.  My primary room is outfitted with Magnepan 3.7s driven by a ML 336 so  I went through much the same exercise.  I ultimately landed on a pair of Spendor SA1s with a REL 9T/i sub.  The balance of the gear in that room is a Schit Ragnorak integrated amp, Aires Mini and W4S DAC 2 V.2 DSD SE (just upgraded to the V.2).  This really sounds great in a small room.  If you cannot locate a pair of the SA1s I would look for other L3/5a variants plus a sub.  Just my thoughts.