What speaker cable made a major difference in the sound quality of your speakers??

I am curious what speaker cables made a big "jaw dropping difference" in the sound quality of your current speakers.  What most impressed you about the difference;  that is, overall musicality, tighter, deeper bass, midrange clarity and soundstage depth, etc.etc. 

Keep the price of the speaker cables chosen or auditioned at  between $800- $1000 or  from  $1000-$1500. Was the cable bought new or used??

Thank you,   SJ

sunnyjim
At the $1,000 ceiling, I cast another anecdotal vote for Clear Day Cable, Double Shotgun.  I used them between an EAR 890 (w/ Ei KT90's) driving some Vandersteen Quatro's, using two full runs for separated biwiring ($900 total in that config).  They replaced some Cardas Golden Reference cables at the time, and I also demoed a pair of Morrow Audio SP7's.  I never did cotton to the SP7's in my system - - they seemed really "mechanical" sounding to me.  The Clear Days also bested some DIY VH Audio CHeLa cables that I labored to build.

The Clear Days really surprised me with how much better sounding they were, much equivalent to a component upgrade.  Very coherent gestalt, imaged very well, detailed without crossing the line (in fact, seemed a tad warm - - surprising for silver?).  My overall impression was of a clearer window into the music, harmonically, "visually", and dynamically.  Their microdynamics "breath" better than the other cables I had tried.

I had to spend a crazy amount more to beat them.  At this price strata, I would absolutely give them an audition try before deciding, as you've got nothing to lose.  Paul is a real peach to deal with, too.
I agree with akg_ca 's  comments regarding the Nordost line.

Yes, Odin is ridiculously priced, but it's for those systems we wish we could afford.

Conversely, my midfi,Heimdall2/fFreyII plumbed system sounds fantastic. If you're patient and check listings, Nordost can be had for half of retail cost used.

@jbrrp1 - several of the second paragraph points from your excellent commentary exactly mirror my own experience with the Clear Days...
- equivalent to a component upgrade
- detailed without crossing the line
- a tad warm -- surprising for silver
- a clearer window into the music..."visually"
Same as Grannyring, Duelund DCA16GA per 8-10 foot speaker pairs, beats all comers that I have tried/owned. Best, mikirob
The biggest change I've ever heard with speaker cables, was when I double biwired my Vanderdteen. 2 sets of AQ Type 6's sounded much better than my $3800 Tara 2's.

Other than that, the best way to deal with cables is to properly match your components. Do that, and you won't want or need cables that make big differences.