Subtle speaker help needed

Quick version. I have been a member here many, many years. I don't even know how many. I have a question. My house that I built, sold and had lived in for 15 years had dedicated everything. HT room, music room. This house is a 96 year old traditional. I have gutted the place with all new everything. I have made several changes such as removing three walls that opened everything up. But, I have kept the traditional feel to the home though. I am now stuck on making a system that will blend in to the decore (sp)
Any suggestions ? I hate to say it but I have been giving the BOSE system a thought. Help before I do this.
scottht
Maybe the Kef Eggs would work for you? Better than Bose, unobtrusive, pretty good audio, neat mounts. With sub the system comes in at about $1500, if my memory serves.http://www.hipposaudiovideo.com/pages/1/kef20052.htm

Or, you could go with Epos ELS3s and then get their sub. These main boxes are very small, good down to about 80Hz, great mids, nice highs, win awards over the years and are real values. The sub is also highly regarded.

Bob Wood
http://www.GreatHomeTheater.com
Scottht,
How much is the Bose system you're looking at? Like, Bbroussard said, the Gallo system would seem to at least warrant looking into.

You said:
I know BOSE is a major poo poo around here. I really couldn't care either though. No highs no lows must be bose. Bullcrap.
The ONLY thing that matters in the end is what YOU think about the sound of YOUR system, not what WE think, or may believe. So I would strongly agree with your sentiment about not caring, yet I can also relate to your desire to get some ideas, and this a great place for that, as long as you have a "thick skin". The key (in my opinion) is to listen for yourself after getting some ideas, and then trust your own ears in making the final determination. Good luck in your choice, and may you be happy with your decision, whatever it ends up being.
Bill
Thiel makes some unobtrusive HT speakers, but, they ain't cheap. That doesn't mean they aren't worth the asking price.
The house that I sold in May of 05 had a KILLER HT room. 100" screen, Sony CRT projector, reclining HT seats. You name it. I got bored with it. It just isn't that important anymore. I have my music system that I can still be anal over. I am tired of the HT scene.
I want a simple system that will not distort. Thats it. As far as I am concerned it is not that difficult to reproduce a movie experience.
I would like to keep the price under $1000 for everything( which is speakers and receiver)
Just for the record. I have quite a bit of experience in building systems. I have just been out of touch for a couple of years and need your help.
Believe me I have thick skin. I was putting together Bose systems when half of these bashers weren't even born yet. They think they have a clue:) Let's all join in on the band wagon heh !