Plasma 42 inch ....

My Panasonic 42 inch was stolen recently .

At the time I bought the Panasonic(about 1 year ago ..) it was the best choice,considering performance vs price.

Looking at a new 42 inch.Any comments regarding the best buy currently ...?

Thanks
bluebull
Good luck to the original poster. Also I really agree that Hitachi is a true plasma force yet to be reckoned with. Soon the vastly improved quality of their displays will take front center stage in the plasma world, as other makers fall by the wayside. SAmsung has the resources to put out a high volume quality product as well, but they have had more QA issues than Panny and Hitachi. Pioneer stops their production lines in 2006 ( March) and will source glass.
2 plasmas -- both 42" -- Panasonic latest commercial and Fujitsu commercial from 2004; 1 32" LCD (Philips). The Fujitsu kills the others in black levels, picture quality, etc. etc. If you want the best, buy a Fujitsu. Despite what others say about Panasonic black levels, the Fujitsu is the best (and I am comparing a model from mid-2004 to a late model Panny...bought Panny because of the supposed better black levels and regret the choice). All have been calibrated by an ISF technician.