Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Allan ...

Yes, its just amazing the difference good wire makes in a system. All of these improvements and tweaks just seem to be accumulative in nature. Over the past two years I've changed out all of my wires. IC's, PC's and speaker wires. It made for a huge jump in sound quality like you just described.  I've read good things about the Cerious Technologies cables. 

Frank
Frank thanks so much for saying that and totally understood we all get overly passionate at times. And speaking of good wire for me personally just dropped a Jorma Design digital cable between my streamer and dac and wow talk about a wholesale improvement in sound! Folks everything matters, fuses, cables, power supplies, etc.
Oregonpapa- I agree with your politics. But I also agree it’s nice keeping this forum politics free. I’m a bit like you, though: all my interests are intertwined.. so I know what it’s like to want to fold political thoughts into audio conversations. Or audio concepts into a yoga class. It’s work keeping everything separated for everyone!

As for the OP topic, I've yet to try fuses, and I'm sceptical of their effect. But that was also the case for so many other stupid little things I never thought would​ matter: PCs, SCs, ICs, vibration isolation.. I was sceptical but open minded enough to experiment.

I guess I should try fuses. But my penchant for DIY is problematic in this area. Particularly because I have two bee hives in the backyard and I hear whispers about beeswax...
^^^ ... toddverrone ...

There have been discussions in this thread regarding the beeswax fuses. I think at least one poster preferred the beeswax over the SR Black fuses. No one who tried the beeswax fuses felt that they got "stung." That may be a different case with a DIY project as you alluded to though. :-)

With a 30 day money back guarantee on the SR Blacks what do you have to lose? 

Frank
what do you have to lose?
Credibility and money, just change your tired old 10c fuse for the same new one, as they do deteriorate over time with on/off surges, as shown in the pic, even the boutique ones, and clean your fuse clamps.

"Fuse aging by switching loads

The fuse wire gets hot and expands when current flows. At high temperatures, oxidation may happen, which weakens the wire mechanically, and may be electrically, too. Switching on/off a load means the wire is bent each time."

https://i.stack.imgur.com/0uqWX.jpg

Cheers George