Krell HTS 7.1 for 2 channel or a new or used 2 channel pre?

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Krell HTS 7.1 for 700.00 I have Krell amps Tyler Acoustic Decade 2 speakers. I am currently using a Yamaha 3030 as a pre and it sucks. I switched to the Yamaha for ease of use with hdmi and all but I find it severely lacking in the audio department. So this brings me to the question do I get the Krell or keep searching for a 2 channel pre? Budget is 1000

We listen to cd's and stream via Spotify. I would like to eventually get into lp's

thanks
jfondell
Ok so now I want to try to build the interconnects you have, could you maybe send me directions or build me some and I'll pay you? I have been reading all day while listening to music and I really need to tame the tweeters in my system so out with the silver. I did make a center channel speaker cable using the Neotech 3002 wire its massive in size but manageable wide bends needs room. 

Thanks

Funny thing about the speaker cable. The Neotech NES-3002 is the exact cable I want to implement into my own system. I just haven't gotten to that point yet.  I will most likely look at putting some Furutech rhodium binding posts on my speakers, if possible.  Otherwise, I'll just use Furutech rhodium spades.

Oh, I just had another thought.  You may want to work on taming those tweeters first before thinking about changing toslink cables.  In my experience, the higher end toslink cables will make your mids/highs stronger, which could be worse in your current situation.
Ok, I have been so sick the past few days sorry for the late response, I think ill wait a while for the interconnects as they are a lot more than i was thinking...I may do the speaker cables 1st and see if that helps my tweeters settle down. What do you think?