SS preamp with tube amp

I toying with the idea of using my Esoteric integrated as a preamp to pair up with a tube amp.  I'm wondering if I will get the "tube sound" with this set up.

Ag insider logo xs@2xgreginnh
I have been into high end audio for close to half a century and have found that using a true quality tube line stage preamp such as my present Audio Research LS27 is the most significant part of a true quality audio system itself.  More so than the speakers being used or even the audio source itself.  I previously had a op of the line Ayre solid state syste,-K1xe preamp and first version of their mono amplifiers.  I have had top of the line B@W 800 diamond speakers.  Still, nothing else has made anywhere near the overall sound audio reproduction than the simple use of my LS27.  In fact, presently I am only using my Odyssey Khartago extreme solid state amplifier and am getting a great sound on my own Martin/Logan speakers.  Also my top of the line Rega Osiris integrated sounds great thru an old pair of Stax headphones but can not compare overall to quality seperates.
Although my SS preamp "seems" to sound fabulous with my tube amp, I'm certain I'll wind up with a tube preamp eventually as I've always liked tubes, and really need to not be scorned by Purer 100% Tubeheads…I might have to simply lie about owning a tube preamp, however uncomfortable that might be (I have over 50 years of using all tube guitar amps, so there's that)...Nelson Pass can pound sand! D'Agostino, get real man...
OP - just make a short list of things to listen to.

ARC, Rogue, Ayre, Magtech, Mac, Benchmark, Pass, Audio Alchemy, Creek, Bryston...  there is no shortage of outstanding components, new or used.

add Marantz and NAD too, or Accuphase for vintage
@alanholvey..50 years in Hi End, permit me to ask -within the context of this " SS Preamp thread":
What was your experience with that very combination of SS Preamp / Valve Amp ?

mattmiller can you explain a little more about the synergy of tube amp and as pre? I have a jolida 1000p and would like to add a ss pre but want to make sure I get it right. thanks in advance