Why do Harbeth P3ESRs sound different?

Hi all,  My audio friend has a pair of Harbeth P3ESRs in the rosewood finish. After I heard them I wanted a pair even though I have ProAc 1SCs and Tablette Reference 8 signatures and Spendor S3/5s. I went on Audiogon and found a pair in nice condition and a great price in cherry finish. When they were delivered I put them on the stands and played them. They sounded nothing like my other speakers, kind of dull. So I played them as much as I could for a month and they finally sounded better. After another month of playing I brought them over my friend's  place for comparison. His Harbeths sounded more open and with better bass. Not huge but there was a difference. I brought them home and played them every day for another month and brought them back over my friends. Same thing. My LR numbers are in the high 400s and his are in the high 1600s. He thinks it's the wood finishes like a guitar. I'm wondering if it's an improved production run like ProAcs claim they  can do with their products. Any thoughts? Thanks.
speaker2
I would check into yogiboy's point. I'm not familiar with the details of Harbeth products, so do your speakers have a serial number, for example? Perhaps, there were enhancements done within the same model and why your friend's speakers sound slightly better than your own. This is true with my own Horning speakers, and a buddy of mine was able to do his own driver upgrade. I would contact Harbeth or the other sources already mentioned by the other members.
Kenny
If it's a blown tweeter only one side should sound bad. You can try switching the speakers and and do A/B comparison.  I'm surpise to hear that used speakers needed that much breakin time. Check with Harbeth and at else confirm the serious numbers. I've listen to many pairs of Harbeth speakers before I bought the C7 and never did I experience dullness.  Have you tried playing your friends speakers on your system? You said that there wasn't a big difference now playing it over your friend's house. Maybe your tricking your own ears and it's the amp or source componets you're using.