Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS) Platforms

Folks,

I am having trouble justifying another $7,000 for the lowest priced HRS frame, to accommodate my expensive M3x Harmonic Resolution Systems platforms.......around $2,500 each. 

While I understand that the frame and the platforms work as a "system," I currently place the M3x platforms and nimbus couplers, on a low-cost salamander rack......with decent results.

Has anyone had good results using HRS platforms on a high quality solid wood rack......walnut for example?

This would save me about $4,000 if it works.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Labpro

128x128labpro

Hi Randy-11,

By placing the HRS platforms on a wood surface that is intended to "resonate" versus "isolate," the midrange sounded as though it had a film covering it.

That is why I'm trying to determine if a solid wood surface, like the one that maxboy00 suggests, will solve this issue.

From what I've been researching, it seems that maple and mahogany are the preferred hardwoods for isolation.

Labpro

Is there a turntable involved?  A system description would allow your question to be placed in better context. Otherwise, the mystery will continue.
mdf will absorb some vibrations

best thing is to put the turntable (and pre-pre amp) in another room behind your preamp & amp

the maple thing is not supported with any sort of scientific studies...

Hi goheelz,

I play a lot of vinyl. I use a Well Tempered turntable.

My system is mostly tubed (except for the transport).

Randy-11, thanks for the comment about separating components. Also I will do some additional research on maple and other hard woods.

Labpro