Aesthetix vs ARC

I have a general question for those familiar with the two companies listed above. I'm currently using an Aesthetix Calypso which I consider a top tier preamp. Recently I've been thinking about trying an ARC reference preamp. To be more specific a reference 5 or 5se. I expect the ARC 5SE to rate higher but i'm not sure how their sound signature compares to the Calypso. Please don't ask what is that I don't like about the Calypso or how much do I have to spend, etc. I just want to know the sonic signature of the Ref 5se compared to the Calypso. I do change equipment from time to time like everyone else.
128x128audiogabby
The ARC Ref5SE is in another league.  I own the Calypso Signature and the ARC.  Of course the ARC is a lot more expensive though.  The biggest difference is in the bass and how much more natural the Ref5SE sounds.
Liminiscate, thanks for your response. I thought that was the case from reading individual reviews. I wanted to hear from someone that had actually compared the two. I will be looking for a 5SE as soon as I get back home next mth. I'm away for the winter but will follow up on that upgrade.
I looked at Aesthetix years ago when I bought my LS26 and as much as I liked the sound, I decided on ARC and recently I bought an REF5se and all I can say (as I listen to Roxy Music) , I can't imagine you being disappointed.