Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Oregonpapa 2-27-2017
Joe Williams and the Brit, Al Hibbler, were two more favorites of mine back in the day.
I've always loved Al Hibbler's classic 1955 recording of "Unchained Melody." 

How anyone could prefer the 1965 recording by the Righteous Brothers, who it seems had the best known and most popular of the many hundreds of recordings of the song that have been released, is absolutely beyond me.

A minor correction, though:  Al Hibbler was an American.

Best regards,
-- Al

Allan,

You are welcome. I like making others aware of good music and I enjoy the recommendations from those posting here. No matter how large one's music library is there are always new discoveries introduced.

Allan I've used the PS Audio PWT (memory transport) for the past 7 years and it is truly excellent with Redbook CD.

Charles

Love Linda.  I like her 1988 "I Ran" album. Has Ex-Eagle Bernie Leadon on many tracks,  duet with Linda as well. 

For those of you who love soulful music from south of the border, Linda   Ronstadt made one album with great Mexico City musicians. I heard her perform the songs on this album live at the Universal Amphitheater in L.A. An amazing evening. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R2.TR10.TRC0.A0.H1.Xlinda+....

Personally, I love really good Mexican music, being exposed to it through living in Southern California all of my life and a 35 year marriage to a woman whose Mom was born in Mexico and a Dad who was born in Central America. There were marimbas, guitars and castanets at family get-togethers. The Dad was a fine marimba player ... even playing professionally at one time. 

Al ... 

Where I got the idea that Al Hibble was a Brit is a mystery to me. I've believed that since I was a kid.  Now I find out that he was born in Mississippi. Thanks for the correction. This is a little treat for you, Al:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qto6cY0Fsw4

By the way Al, you mentioned the Righteous Brothers ... A friend of mine (Bill Perry) played guitar on all of their albums. To this day, I cannot find his credits on the liner notes on any of the RB albums. 

Frank

Just installed a pair of Blacks today in Quad 12L actives, replacing Furutech fuses.  Noticed some pleasant differences straight out of the box in a few senses. Look forward to what shows after burn in.  Of course, the thing about checking direction with two powered speakers is that there are four possibilities. although I have a sense that one speaker is performing better than the other.