Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
^^^  Thank you, Charles ...

Billy Eckstine has always been one of my favorites. As a junior high kid, I was obsessed with trying to sound like him. I was always trying to sing "I Apologize" in that deep, wonderful crooner's voice. Never could pull it off of course, but I tried.  I saw him in concert back in the 70's as a side act with Sammy Davis Jr. He sang and played the trumpet ... and while an older voice at that time, he still had the juice. 

Joe Williams and the Brit, Al Hibbler, were two more favorites of mine back in the day. Oh, and I have the Johnny Hartman albums he did with John Coltrane. Man, those are a couple of demo vocal records if there ever were any. Soul, man ... soul. 

The Peggy Lee album you recommended is available on Ebay right now in both vinyl and CD format.  

Frank
Frank and Charles,

Thanks to both of you, I will check them out!

Frank,
Check this out, this might make ALL your red book CDs sound better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2hvtqLP4qE

Allan
Oregonpapa 2-27-2017
Joe Williams and the Brit, Al Hibbler, were two more favorites of mine back in the day.
I've always loved Al Hibbler's classic 1955 recording of "Unchained Melody." 

How anyone could prefer the 1965 recording by the Righteous Brothers, who it seems had the best known and most popular of the many hundreds of recordings of the song that have been released, is absolutely beyond me.

A minor correction, though:  Al Hibbler was an American.

Best regards,
-- Al

Allan,

You are welcome. I like making others aware of good music and I enjoy the recommendations from those posting here. No matter how large one's music library is there are always new discoveries introduced.

Allan I've used the PS Audio PWT (memory transport) for the past 7 years and it is truly excellent with Redbook CD.

Charles

Love Linda.  I like her 1988 "I Ran" album. Has Ex-Eagle Bernie Leadon on many tracks,  duet with Linda as well.