Best value record cleaner/cleaning system

Thought I would ask the group -- when I was last in the analog game some 12-15 years ago it was a VPI or Nitty Gritty for record cleaning (that and the wood-handled Discwasher pad with red-bottle liquid, Zerostat and Decca CF brush for just before playing an LP)... are these still the go-to standard units, or has the state of the art / ’value’ options advanced to some other kits in the present? I see cleaner units now from Pro-ject, Music Hall, Spin Clean, etc etc.

In my case I am not trying to ’deep clean’ mistreated, flea market or recycled recors store records... just good hygiene maintenance-cleaning of a treasured collection - 80% regular records, 20% ’audiophile’ pressings.

Thanks in advance.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49
I recommend the VPI 16.5 record cleaner.  Not the cheapest solution out there, but it's mighty reliable.  Thousands of records cleaned, and it's still going very strong 15 years later.  The downside: it's not quiet, so it really needs to live away from polite company and ear protection is de rigeur. Newer (or more expensive) models may be a bit less noisy.
On the other hand, you can trust @meadowman ^^ and his Okki recommendation.  I'm pretty sure he sold me the VPI record cleaner years ago. Thanks, Mike!
goheelz,  thanks for the mention.  The Okki Nokki is based on the VPI.  metal construction, quieter and cleans in both directions.  Glad to hear your VPI is still Sucking!
My process: Spin Clean, then steam (using finger bowl to cover label), final dry off with micro fiber towel. Seems to work pretty well.

I have been using a KAB EV-1 ($169.00) for aout 10 years now. It’s a no-frills Nitty-Gritty style cleaner whic requires you to supply a canister vacum. I do clean garage sale records and I have been pleased with the results. KABUSA.com.

Now, however, there is the Record Doctor V, which is similar, but has an internal vacuum for about $200. If I were buying today, this is the machine I would purchase:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RDV