Need Wireless Subwoofer Options

I am in the process of minimizing my system footprint and the large boomy Velodyne VA-1215X that hogs the corner of the living room is the bane of my wife's existence. I would like to replace it with a wireless sub I could hide behind the couch. I have found a few solid brands like Rel (T/7i) and JL Audio (d110) that can operate via wireless. Others like Paradigm and Klipsch do as well but I have less confidence in their sound. This is for a two channel system connected to the TV - no surround sound.

Any ideas on brands/models that would fit the bill? My budget is $1K max. No velodyne please.  One concern I have about the Rel is that it does not appear to have a phase setting and I have very limited placement options.  Should I be concerned about this?

Thanks.
treebeard1
Thanks, though I still want to know how well wireless works with your system. I might consider it for my system, as well.
B
The JLINKS system arrived yesterday and I hooked it up last night.  Very easy.  Listened last night and at high volume today.  So far, I'm loving it. Some oberservations:
  • I now need to turn the sub up higher to get the same bass, but I think that's due to its new location.  Before it was in the corner of the room and now it's next to the couch with more space around the sub.
  • It's no longer boomy!  I'm hearing more texture in the bass and feeling more reverberation in my gut.  Probably due to the new location.  I love my sub again.  @m-db  I'm back on the Velodyne bandwagon!
  • No dropouts that I can tell.  
Really, the advantages above are not due to the wireless system but the flexibility it gave me.  And the spousal unit likes the new location.  The corner of the living room now looks empty but that's my wife's problem now :) 

Whoohoo!
I was worrying about the signal not being synced with the loudspeakers, but you seem to have no problem with that. Great.
B