I've decided to try Tubes

I have been going back and forth a while. I was thinking of the Yamaha AS2100 to replace my B&K amp (ZU audio Omen Def speakers). For some reason I now have a tube bug. I first thought about DECWARE and now thinking of Primaluna after reading great reviews. If tubes are not for me, both should be easy to resell. I have an opportunity on a Primaluna Prolouge 5 stereo power amp. It has autobias (which is a must for me) and is easy to roll tubes. It comes with KT88's which seem to have better lower end than el34's (from what I read). 35 watts per ch is more than enough to drive my Omen Defs loud if needed (101 db). 

Thought's on the PrimaLuna and ZU combo (Peachtree NOVA-PRE)? I listen to Classic Jazz, Classical and Classic - Prog Rock mostly. 

aberyclark
@buellrider, 
I have the Bifrost Multibit as well as a Modi, and just upgraded to the Gungnir.I didn't think it could get better, but it did.
 If you can move to Balanced interconnects, I recommend you do so. Though even using optical cable, the sound was improved using the Gungy.

@madavid0 , Well I guess I'm just a loser . I thought that we were sharing positive experiences , not measuring our penis. Eventually I might get to your perceived level of greatness . In the meantime I'll just have fun learning about audio equipment from like minded people . I'm just trying to enjoy audio on a tight budget. Maybe if I sold my Ranger boat , HD roadking and Buell, I could move up to the big boy league . But hey , nobody ever took my lunch money when I was a kid. So best of luck to you and thanks to everybody else for sharing their wisdom with me.   Regards, Mike Bolger . 

buellrider97,

I'm with you 100%. Enjoy your journey and don't let fools like that bring you down.

Lol, obviously I was being a clown. I tried to apply some peer pressure tactics, guess it didn't work. The big SETs are still king.
Have Bear, over in Japan whip you up a dual-chassis (power supply, amp head)
3CX300A7 dual, (push-pull) ceramic triode PA. Pressurized plenums and chimneys
to direct the air through the fins.

Life is too short for flea power.

And Remember, the emphasis is on instantaneous power, but RMS will carry the day.