I'm considering replacing my passive preamp with a tubes. Is it worth it?

I would like to know if it would be worth it to trade my passive preamp for tube.  Would the change make a significant improvement?  

My setup:

Magnepan MG .7
Mod Squad Line Drive passive preamp
Bryston 4b-st amp
Rythmik f12 sub
Bluesound Node
Tidal streaming

My budget on a preamp would be $1k.  If the answer is "yes" then opinions would be welcomed.

thanks

amritash
amritash I’m considering replacing my passive preamp with a tubes. Is it worth it?

Schiit Freya at $699 with trial period, it has 3 different modes, low gain tube, low gain discrete solid state, and unity gain passive, balanced or single ended and with remote control.
And with the Bryston 4b-s input sensitivity being only 1.4v input for full output, you don’t want any higher gain or the volume control will be down very low for loud listening, and you’ll have very little range on the volume control..

Can’t go wrong with this choice best of all worlds, specially seeing it’s designed by Mike Moffat who was head designer at Theta.
http://schiit.com/products/freya

Cheers George
The two preamps listed on Audiogon are highly rated for sonics and build quality.
But the Schiit is getting raves for its price and performance. Plus, you could run it balanced to your Bryston.
An active tube preamp would add timbre and texture to the sonics of your system, since each brand of tube offers a sonic signature. It may give you more flexibility on fine tuning the volume control since it has an active gain stage.

It is most important that the output impedance of the preamp be a good match for the amp. The amp’s input impedance needs to be 10-20X greater than the preamp’s output. That would allow for transients in the lowest and highest frequencies.

t is most important that the output impedance of the preamp be a good match for the amp. 
Tested Stereophile: "Bryston measured just over 33k ohms at the balanced inputs, just over 47k ohms at the unbalanced."
This is a match for any preamp, passive or active so long as they have little or no gain as the Bryston 4b only needs 1.4v for full output, and most sources have over 2v already.

Cheers George

@amritash what do you feel is missing from the sound coming out of your setup?