Yamaha GT 2000 Turntable

Hello there ! Looking for any Yamaha GT 2000 owners / ex owners out there to share their experience and opinions regarding this turntable ..
blz_tone
Lew,
I only will use the RoadRunner for a readout in place of the strobe light, I will of curse leave the original control system in place.

You mention that the RoarRunner only looks at the RPM once a revolution and while this is correct if there was any deviation what so ever it would not read out 33.333 which is typically does on these fine machines. The Strobe light on the DP80 is hard to retrofit into the plinths as the platter is fairly thick which requires the mirror be sunk deeper into the plinth for sufficient readability.

In rebuilding the DN308 tables which does not have a strobe i wanted a way of displaying the RPM and the Roadrunner its easily customized into the plinth, which in case of the DN308 will be a 1" thick Aluminum plate top and bottom sandwiching a hardwood frame. This lead to wanting to do a "professional" version of the DP80. Below a little sneak peak :-)

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/6431

Good Listening

Peter

@lewm Admit it, Lew. All the ladies call you "hot reliable". Cheers,
Spencer
No comment on sbank's notation. He must know you better.

Funny, I didn't even see 'lyrics', I read it as 'lytics' because that was the context, it's what I was expecting. I'm getting lazy.

I edited books for Oxford University Press a long time ago, and I had to be eagle-eyed and error-free. Must get back to that.

The difference between the GT 2000 and the GT 2000L is twofold:

1) The GT 2000 used the same black veneer that is used on the NS 1000 speaker. The GT 2000L uses a walnut(?) veneer.
2) the GT 2000 is a fully manual turntable which can be fitted with the optional arm-lifter which lifts the arm at the end of the record side. The GT 2000L comes fitted with the optional arm lifter as stock standard.

Other than those two differences, the shade of the veneer and whether the arm lifted is an option or fitted as stock, there is absolutely no difference between the two models. They are fundamentally, essentially exactly the same identical turntable. All accessories which fit the one, fit the other. The plinth, motors, motor control electronics, platter and arms(with exception to the arm lifter) are exactly the same with no difference at all. Twins wearing different make-up.

The optional arm lifter can be fitted to the GT 2000, so in essence the biggest difference is the veneer. Identical twins with different make-up.
"Old Reliable" is more likely my moniker, not "Hot Reliable".  
Thanks for your complete response, Theophile.   One thing about the GT2000 is that if you are willing to pay the going price (seems to be $2400 to $2700) for a really nice one, you can own one any time your little heart desires.  I almost pressed the button on one, until my superego said, "Wait a minute, Lew, you have FIVE freakin' turntables already."  I'm sure the present state of easy availability will not persist over time, however.