Why are Harbeth speakers expensive while its drivers are not.

Hi, 
Sorry for my dumb question, but I checked online for drivers of Harbeth, they use Seas drivers and their in-house drivers. 

For the Seas driver, the price is only around $100 each. Considering the  so why the Harbeth speakers are so expensive? 

Thank you. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xquanghuy147
And I always thought it was the DRIVERS that were expensive, they claim to put a lot of R&D into those drivers......hmmm go figure. My brother Demo'd a pair of SL5s against his OLD re furbished JBL Century 100's and could not see spending the extra extra (cough) money they commanded. ROFL. And he has a AYON tube integrated amp! 

Matt M
Most speakers use lowest cost good enough drivers to minimize price point.

In general the two way speaker that started in the 70's is really one big cost compromise - one less driver but always of limited performance.

The tweeter is made by Seas to spec but I think the Radial2 drivers are custom designed and made by Harbeth.  For what it's worth, Harbeth speakers are like really nice furniture that happens to sounds nice too.  Honestly, I don't think they are worth it new but used they can beat out most monitor speakers in that price range and worth the price. If you're going to buy new and you want that BBC sound, you may want to consider the Spendors. 
Some of the best sounding speakers you could ever own. Lots of R&D and  time into the designs.  Price is based on performance and simple economics. They are worth it is because they sound better then competition at the same price point.