WORST Experience Ever in Dealing With Woodbridge Stereo NJ

WORST STEREO EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!  I have been buying and selling high end hifi equipment since I was 16, about 15 years now.  This shop is dishonest, very poor with communication and abandons its customers.  Ill make the story as short as possible.  I bought a pair of Dali Ikon 8 speakers from these guys via Audiogon (8/10 condition).  They came damaged.  I paid extra for the speakers to be shipped by Fedex and they were shipped by UPS.        Once the speakers arrived damaged, they basically told me I am on my own and to file a claim with UPS and that when they had the speakers back in their hands, which they have had no for almost a week, that I would be refunded.  The store owner Tom, refuses to call me back and three guys point fingers at each other for who is responsible for getting me my money back.  Only after dispute through paypal, Audigon and my credit card company do they now want to refund me my money.  They are holding my money hoping they will get refunded via UPS for damaged speakers that clearly were packed well and some genius left the binding post jumpers and grilles in place, which were of course destroyed.  So rather than refund the customer his money, Woodbridge Stereo believes it is better to leave the customer stranded and keep their money for as long as possible regardless of original agreement to refund upon receiving the speakers.  OF course after received my money, store owner Tom refuses to call me back after leaving 5 messages via voicemail and operator who promised to have him call me.  I am sure he will probably contact me now.  PLEASE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!! TAKE MY REVIEW SERIOUSLY.  I have 100% feedback on all websites I used and have a total of over 1000 100% feedback score reviews combined.  I have NEVER been left negative feedback,  These guys have an 85% score on Audigon.  You have been warned.

chris_michael
Post removed 
I just reread the post and caught the "85% score on Audiogon." Seriously, 85% score and yet you chose to do business with Woodbridge Stereo? I never buy anything, from anyone, with less than 100% feedback. I may be overcautious but I have never had a bad experience here on Audiogon. I know that even good sellers can have a few bad experiences with buyers, I just choose not to do business with them.
To date, I have only had positive experiences with UPS & Fedex.  As for USPS, I shipped a pair of relatively light in-wall speakers just one State away.  Instead of two-day delivery, they ended up going up and down the East Coast for 10 days before ultimately arriving at the correct destination.  Since the buyer was a professional CEDIA-certified audio installer he, of course, took it on the chin and had to deal with an angry homeowner-customer.  To remedy the situation, he bought another pair of speakers at full price and had to pay for Fedex overnite to keep his customer happy.  On the plus side, the speakers I sold him arrived in fine shape and the installer was able to use them on another job!  USPS -- never again!
I have also had generally positive experiences with UPS and FedEx, and have bought and shipped heavy amps and preamps without encountering too many problems.  That being said, when I did have problems with damage or lost shipments, UPS and the shipper tended to play "hot potato" with taking responsibility.  This game always leaves the customer waiting for a resolution and a refund, feeling frustrated.  Not a great system for customer service!  (Stopping a credit card payment may get someone's attention .) 
UPS vs FedEX. I will tell you my experience with heavy audio equipment transported to my home by both businesses. I ordered a 15 in subwoofer from HSU, California to Oklahoma. I gave the official plat address to my residence.  I have lived here for over 15 years and have received numerous packages in the past. It was shipped by Fed EX. It was tracked so I knew what day it was supposed to be delivered. I took off work to be at home during this day. It was to be delivered during “normal” working hours. After 6PM, I called Fedx to inquire what was the normal working hours. They said it had been attempted to be delivered and no one was home. This was a flat out lie. The door bell was operable; I checked. No notice was left and no door bell was rung nor knock on door. This scenario repeated itself for 2 more days. After calling every day and inquiring where it was, they said that it would be returned to sender. I raised holy hell and finally got the truth. The driver was a sub and did not know how to find us, GPS worked fine. He had never been to my house. We are in a residential suburb of a large metropolitan city. They sent a regular driver to deliver it and every part of the box was damaged from all of the taking off and putting on the trucks and mishandling of the heavy, 85 lb, box. I refused it and sent it back to HSU. All official notifications on website tracking said “attempted to deliver, no one home”. It was never corrected to the truth about the actual inept delivery actions. HSU did not believe me even after they spoke to the Fed X reps themselves. I sent them photos of the damaged package and after 2 weeks I received my money back. However, they said that in instances in the past FED X is very difficult to get money back for shipping or damage. The paper work is endless and they always say it is not their fault.

During the same month I ordered 3 fragile, expensive and heavy audio amplifiers. 2 Pass Labs from Reno HiFi in Nevada and 1 Emotiva in Tennessee. All 3 were delivered on expected tracking date to the same address listed above and in perfect, flawless exterior condition by UPS. I told the shippers to send by UPS, not Fed X,  since Fed X were idiots and liars.

I will never have Fed X deliver anything of value to either my home or businesses in the future, if at all possible. And, of course, never ship anything by Fed X to anywhere else.