Best standalone music server?

So I am considering dipping my toes into the full digital world and was wondering what people here may consider as the best standalone music server, and here I am going to be specific.
I do not want to consider a home pc or mac based type of system at all!
Looking at adding one of the standalone models like for example the Wyred4sound ms1 or cocktail audio.
High on my list is ability to rip my cds directly at the unit itself, access to internet radio and other music apps (Pandora etc). High quality built in dac would be nice but if not then high quality digital out to run to an external dac. I will not be needing to access music files stored on another pc as my home pc is pretty old but fully functional for my simple needs. The only music looking to access from it right now are ripped cds and internet available music in whatever form.
So if it worked out well, yes it may be a replacement even for a cd player completely

Thank you
128x128uberwaltz

Even if you buy a dedicated music server, it is usually NOT a simple one-box solution and you will still need to hook it up to the internet to get downloads of metadata on the albums and tracks you download onto the server.  That means a switch and router, plus most will require a controller (can be your phone or iPad with suitable apps), perhaps a separate NAS, perhaps something to rip CDs and it is usually handy to have a PC or laptop (to configure the system, troubleshoot, edit metadata, etc).

But, once you are set up, the convenience and accessibility of your music collection makes a server well worthwhile to have.  This becomes more and more important as your collection grows in size.  I am just guessing, but, I think I would not want to be without a server if I had 1500 CDs or more (I have ripped more than 4,500).

I already have home network and ethernet cable down to my "man cave,lol" for streaming netflix , Pandora etc through the Samsung tv whose sound is fed through my stereo rig so would be no big deal to connect said cable to an all in one box for metadata etc.
My music collection at this point runs to maybe 500cds as my music tastes are pretty narrow and a 2tb built in hard drive would be more than ample for storage.
Most of the all in ones I have looked at can be controlled via an android app from my phone.
So as my initial post, was more looking for comments from people who have gone the same route as I was thinking rather than being trying to persuade me I should go a route I am not comfortable with right now.
Not saying my ideas are the best but it is what I was considering.

"Not saying my ideas are the best but it is what I was considering."

Your ideas are perfectly reasonable. its just that these new all in one boxes are not always as easy as they look. They can be a real PITA. To be honest, even though I have a computer setup myself, most of the time I just use my CD player. 

@uberwaltz,

With ethernet already wired into your room and already having an existing network, you are well on the way to a network based player solution. It's no big deal to connect a NAS(network attached storage) drive to your router. It's no big deal to connect a network player like the mentioned Aurelic Aries, Sonore microRendu, Bluesound, etc. to the ethernet cable and your DAC.

The difference between a standalone music server and one that lets you store the music on a NAS is just the additional choice you get in terms of storage capacity and expandability. 
Either way, you rip discs to a hard drive, one with "their" software which is probably OEM licensed, & supporting a small user base or the other with free software of your choice, EAC & XLD which have thousands of happy users and proven support.
Either way, metadata will need to be edited by typing edits using a piece of software chosen by you or "the box guy".
When playing music you will use a remote control with some and an app with others. Your should try out or look for youtube vids by real purchasers to see the interface before you buy. 
The Olive example is a good warning. Proprietary stuff leads to many dead ends. 
Have you looked at any system pages here of rigs with network based solutions? IMHO most are pretty clean looking and the network aspect makes it almost invisible. For example, mine is here...
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/133

Just food for thought...good luck. Cheers,
Spencer