Preamps: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. Quicksilver Audio Line Stage Pre - Sonic Differences

How do they sound?
iggy7
"The Rogue sounds more modern. "

Which means more neutral more natural or more real? Honestly, more "modern" means exactly what? I'm familiar with the term "neutral" which I am still trying to come to "terms" with over all these years but "modern"? what exactly is that?

Haven't heard the Rogue but am familiar with all the current Quicksilver preamplifiers. While I am a big fan of their amplifiers, less so of their preamplifiers as they impart too much of a "signature"  on the musical presentation IME, too rich sounding would sum it up for me. They might be something that you might like in the context of your system but you don't give any details of  what you have and what you are looking for so there really is no way to help you in a meaningful way.

Based on my experience, the RP-1 is very sensitive your amp's input impedance.   My amp's is around 40Kohm and it sounded lifeless....an obvious loss of high frequency air and detail.

So the old adage applies.  Bring them both home, test 'em out, and pick the winner.

"Which means more neutral more natural or more real? Honestly, more "modern" means exactly what? I'm familiar with the term "neutral" which I am still trying to come to "terms" with over all these years but "modern"? what exactly is that?"

You answered the question yourself.

"Haven't heard the Rogue but am familiar with all the current Quicksilver preamplifiers. While I am a big fan of their amplifiers, less so of their preamplifiers as they impart too much of a "signature" on the musical presentation IME, too rich sounding would sum it up for me."

There's a definition of a classic sound. A more modern sound is less of the above qualities, and more neutrality.

You need to take your meds. You're getting too wound up over such a small matter.

"So the old adage applies.  Bring them both home, test 'em out, and pick the winner."

There's no better way to do it.