Duelund DCA16GA

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone have try this cable? I have never try the original WE cable but I want to buy this cable for my speaker. Other candidate is supra cable.

Can someone give some feedback?

Thanks
santodx5
Here is the wire I would like to try as interconnect cable;

http://www.partsconnexion.com/product31386.html

20 awg, Tin-Plated Stranded Copper & Cotton / Oil (DCA20GA), hook-up wire, Per Meter

INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL: $6.75 USD/Meter (3.28 ft.) Regular pcX Price: $7.59

Arriving End of January - Book Orders Now !

I will make a set and compare to my current ICs, which are multiple strands (4 per side) of high purity, solid-core, small-gauge (28awg) copper in cotton, and which are the best-sounding ICs I have owned out of many.  

Also awaiting the anticipated Duelund 12 awg tinned copper in cotton, which I will twist as a quad and cross-connect with two runs per side for speaker cables.

Don't buy into some of the the urban myths, such as the only way the Duelund 16 awg wire sounds good is as single runs.  Maybe on low-powered SET but more wire works better on both of my high-powered amplifiers.  Have had great success using two runs per side of cross-connected, 16 and 14 awg WE wire, which provides between 13 and 11 awg per pole.  Currently using two twisted pairs of WE 10 awg to bi-wire each speaker and it sounds very good.   I also made two sets of the Belden 8402 IC cables many have raved over, and I thought they sounded pretty bad compared to the ICs described above.  There is not just one way to do something and the same thing is not always going to sound the same in different systems and to folks with different listening preferences.  When "reviewers" start telling folks there is only one way to do something, I become immediately skeptical.

Dear
mac48025 & mitch2,

In case of speaker cables,
I agree with doubling runs (although I have a 12w SET 300B )

The best Belden ever produced is 1800F
You can try it with:
http://www.ab-system.hk/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=165
or :
http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/connecteurs-fiches-rca/ramm-audio-rca-plug-silver-rhodium-plated-tellu...
or :
http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/rca-plugs/ramm-audio-rca-plug-gold-plated-tellurium-copper-o-10mm-set-...
(in order to avoid soldering)

I think it is very important to not abuse the pF value of an IC by adding more conductors.

The 1800F is a pre-made cable ready for use, has the lowest capacitance, it is shielded, and so ridiculously cheap, that invite you to end them with the best available plugs. Cheap to the point that makes the DIY experiment pointless, with cotton, silk, beeswax and all the hard work. I’ve spend for the best RCA plug instead and worth it.
I have made ICs with Belden 1800F using :
KLEI absolute harmony,
WBT nextgen 0110cu,
WBT nextgen 0102ag & 0110ag
and all these bested everything upstream audio $$$$

We all have witnessed system compatibility. Interconnects particularly have strong favors. My last commercially available was the VDH "The mountain" paired with "The cloud" speaker cable and while it was a revelation on most systems, on flea watt SET were a big disaster .

And here comes the interest point of concern, the one that makes me very suspicious about the high-end society of ICs & SCs :
How is it possible this Belden 1800F to permanently performs no matter the components character situation, in between anything, in every system of any origin ?
This attitude has also the Duelund DCA-16GA as (naked) speaker cable.

I don’t claim these are the best-ever wires but at least they are studio quality and you can use them in order to address any unwanted behavior of your system.
Then you can proceed to taylor the sound by changing things to the right direction.

Best to you
geoch, the Belden 1800F does indeed look like a good cable. The "Foam High Density Polyethylene" is one of my preferred dielectrics and IMO better sounding than Teflon, which I sometimes hear as a shrill artifact. Also the thicker foamed material provides increased and consistent separation between the conductors, which is a good thing for interconnects. I am not surprised this cable is a consistently strong performer.
BTW, my comment on increasing runs of the WE wire was for speaker cables only. The quad, cross-connected geometry reduces inductance.  My multi-run ICs are a different animal since those wires are machine-braided. Since my system is all balanced, I do not use RCA connectors anywhere and my preference is for the Furutech 601/602(G) connectors.

brownsfan or anyone, I would be interested in the Duelund 12ga wire.  Is anyone fairly certain it is actually being developed and does anyone have any idea when it may be released?

I

I'm curious about the 12ga innards.
Seems that the golden rule is 0.25mm strands.
I have done many projects and this is my preference.
The Duelund DCA-16GA has 26x0.25mm strands.
If so, then why not just double run it?