VPI paper alignment jig

I just took possession of a new VPI Classic.  The alignment jig that came with it is paper and really looks like an afterthought.  I set it on my table but it doesn't come close to fitting snuggly and doubt it would give me decent results.  I assume at this point the METAL ADJUSTABLE alignment jig I've see in the VPI set up video is a $60 option worth paying for.

I'm new at this any help would be appreciated.
WEC56
wec56
Dear @wec56 / @stereo5 : """ read zero dollars! They didn’t even ask for shipping! Talk about customer satisfaction ... """"

""" That’s what I call excellent customer service... """

It’s incredible those kind of sentences on a reputated audio manufacturer as VPI where for me it’s a " shame " for VPI that somewhere exist a thread like this because the minimum tool that any tonearm must be accompanied is a " decent " tonearm JIG for tonearm and cartriudge set up and VPI just does not make it that. I repeat shame of VPI for this fact, it's a VPI's OBLIGATION to do it because it's a main/critical subject, makes no sense to me but this is the high end and part of the corrupted AHEE ! ? ! ? ! ? !!!!!.

Why almost all audiophiles bougth at least one after market tonearm/cartridge  set up JIG when should be an OBLIGATION that each tonearm manufacturer deliver the tonearm along an accurate JIG ?, again because that AHEE.

Regards and enjoy the music, 
R.
As an FYI, the paper alignment jig works perfectly well in setting up the VPI tables....and yes, this is the standard jig that VPI sends with several of their tables now.
the vpi jig gets you in the neighborhood. the mint puts you at the right house, centered in the driveway equidistant from both house and street.

it's that good....

A paper alignment jig is worthless!  The "new" VPI is super cheap IMO.

VPI has always "in the past" provided a plastic or metal jig.

I have used both the VPI, and others, including the "MINT", and always preferred the sound using the VPI!  YMMV!