Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty
What I noticed was the 2150's $99,000/pr price tag. I didn't read any further. This is getting ridiculous.
I think it's way past that point....

Ditto...
Yes, the power requirements were interesting.  Then again, it is a 1000 watt amplifier that purports to operate in Class A.

More interesting to me were the comments Boulder made about feedback.....and I assume they were referring to global feedback.

The article states that the power cord is stock and an be used in a standard AC plug at the wall. However, Mr. Fremer did have Audioquest make a Hurricane power cord with the 32 amp IEC for comparison.  

I'm digging the binding posts also. They mimic my Levinson's, however mine and are red and black. Spades only, very very tight. 

It's a funny thing about "Audiophiles", they are so obsessed over their hobby, that they are totally unaware of anything else going on. Before now, the wealthiest audiophiles seemed to be in the "upper middle class", Doctors, Lawyers... and other professional people; but now, we seem to have been invaded by people who are so rich, they have no idea how to spend all of that "excess" cash; hence, all of these unheard of high prices.

Now we seem to have an abundance of 20K tonearms, and 10K cartridges, plus speakers and amps costing over 100K. Personally, I don't believe their systems sound any better than a long time audiophile's rig who has spent a lifetime obtaining the knowledge required to have a good sounding rig, while those who purchase 10K cartridges, and 100K amps are only involved in the most expensive, not necessarily the best.

The rich have gotten richer, so rich they have no idea how to spend it, and the poor have gotten poorer; but most of us are "programmed" to never even think such thoughts.