Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
erik last McIntosh demo I had was with Totem Mani 2 and other newer Totems. It was somewhat bright and glaring compared to other Totem demos I had heard. Other than that the Mani 2s left an impression and remain on my list of speakers I would like to own, especially with the right amp to make them shine.

I’ve also heard Goldenear Aeon monitors with folded ribbon tweets off NAD amps and there was no edge or glare at all there. In fact fatigue factor was extremely low, towards the polite side. I liked the Aeons a lot as well.

Its usually all in how well matched things are to work together in a manner that performs well and also suits the listener’s preferences (two different but related things).
Post removed 
erik can’t say for sure based on one or two example demos. These were about 3 years ago with newer larger SS Mc amps.

Personally I often would like to be able to hear an edge that’s not muted if in teh recording. Not in everything played categorically though. The Mcs would probably have been fine for this if set up the way I liked rather than how the dealer decided to do it.

Guaranteed the edge would be less on my OHM speakers versus with Totem or Dynaudio or many others that are not inherently more laid back in presentation. Only some modern pop .mp3 files I play from time to time have any edge at all with the OHMs. Much more so with Dynaudios in my smaller room with speakers not far from listening poisition and off same Class D amp. Most .mp3s which are inherently known for artifacts that can contribute to harshness/brightness are still quite listenable.

I’m a purest but not a pure purist.
Hi Guido,

I think you're correct that the D-Sonic stereo amp (M3-3000S) uses the Pascal X-Pro2 module, the same module JRRG uses in their C2 integrated,  and their top of the line mono-blocks(M3-1500M) utilize Pascal X-Pro1 modules. 

The D-Sonic M2-1500M received an excellent review by 6Moons. According to Dennis, the M2 and M3 1500 monos are the exact same and both utilize Pascal X-Pro1 modules.  Here's a link to the review:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dsonic/1.html

Thanks,
Tim