Proac Response D 48/Tannoy Kensington

I was curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare the Proac Response D48 and Tannoy Kensington. I realize they are probably quite different but I was interested in what you all thought. I have heard the Proac's on a few different occasions and was really impressed with what I heard. Recently, someone told me I should seek out the Tannoy Kensington's before I bought anything, but that isn't easy here in the states. There are a few dealers but it would require quite an effort to hear the Tannoy's. Thought I would seek your opinions before I did anything else.

johnluke02
Thanks very much for your response.  I have heard the Proac 48 a number of times and the Kensington just once, 2 or 3 years ago.  I don't believe it was the latest version.  I do have reasonable access to the Proac's but not the Tannoy's.  That is a stretch.  

I agree very much with your comments on the supporting gear and I am quite comfortable that the rest of my system can handle either the Proac or Tannoy's.  I currently have the Pathos mono block amps, the BAT 51 SE preamp (tube), Accuphase CD player and my primary source is the Transrotor Dark Star turntable.  

Thanks again in for your comments.
Nice choice problem to have.....

here's how I would characterize the sonic signature of the two:

TANNOY .... bespoke refined, ethereal, XO Cognac snifter 
PROAC .......forward striding, bold, Quatro-Cinco tequila shooters...

Ive heard the entire TANNOY PRESTIGE line. They just get better and better as you go higher up the model line. The KINGDOM ROYALS can compete, nay slay, with anything out there 

tuff choice..... BUT if you reconsider to go higher up the PRESTIGE line, then the choice becomes easier IMO.
If looks enter the equation at all, I think the Proac D48 have a better WAF.  As for everything else, akg_ca covered it.   I have the D48 on order, and yes I bought it blind.   
Didn't hear the Tannoy I am sure they're great speakers but I personally wouldn't buy them metal twitter and paper driver are not my cup of tea,  Moreover I don't think they can compete with the Proac at the bass area . The D48R follow the recent tendency of fast,dynamic and exciting sound once the Tannoy seems a little bit old fashioned sound: comfortable ,relax and glamour. It's not bad if that's what you are looking for.
"There are a few dealers but it would require quite an effort to hear the Tannoy's. Thought I would seek your opinions before I did anything else."

You need to listen to them first. A speaker like that is very polarizing. One person may love them, and the next may hate them.

A nice alternative to ProAc is Living Voice.