connecting mono amps to pre amp

Newbie here. I'm 56 and this past year and a half, I've  gotten back into 2 channel. Various amps/pre amps and receivers. I would like to know how to properly connect (2) Mcintosh 2120's to a Mcintosh MA 6100. Have several mac pieces as well as others. But seems Mac is kind of like BMW/Mercedes -European cars with the fact of over engineering or over features, for a lack of better words. Can someone shed some light here with regards to the MONO bloc connection on these? Thank You in advance!!

2channeladdicted
Post removed 
The people at Richard Grey said their stuff was better. Who do I believe?

By the way, does your unit protect against a direct lightning strike? If it does, how? 
Al, one last question, when using only one 8 ohm speaker per amp did I under stand you correctly that I would connect to the 16 ohm spot. Or is that if I used 2 speakers per amp.

Thanks again!
Yes, you understood correctly. When each of the amps is used in mono mode, and each amp is connected to just one 8 ohm speaker, you would use the 16 ohm tap (also referred to as the 16 ohm terminal). As mentioned earlier, be sure to also connect a wire between that 16 ohm tap and the 16 ohm tap for the other channel of the same amp.

That is explained in the manual Tony (Tls49) linked to earlier. In mono mode the 16 ohm tap in effect becomes an 8 ohm tap, and the 8 ohm tap in effect becomes a 4 ohm tap, and the 4 ohm tap in effect becomes a 2 ohm tap, and the 2 ohm tap in effect becomes a 1 ohm tap.

Regards,
-- Al