connecting mono amps to pre amp

Newbie here. I'm 56 and this past year and a half, I've  gotten back into 2 channel. Various amps/pre amps and receivers. I would like to know how to properly connect (2) Mcintosh 2120's to a Mcintosh MA 6100. Have several mac pieces as well as others. But seems Mac is kind of like BMW/Mercedes -European cars with the fact of over engineering or over features, for a lack of better words. Can someone shed some light here with regards to the MONO bloc connection on these? Thank You in advance!!

2channeladdicted
Ok, So according to Al, unless I'm listening to a MONO recording, the 6100 selector switch should be left in the STEREO position even with BOTH 2120's connected.  Thanks Again!

Yes, as I said previously:
The switch on the rear of the 2120 that selects between stereo and mono should be set to mono, as has been said.

The mode selector switch on the front panel of the 6100 should be set to stereo, assuming you are listening to a stereo recording. Setting it to mono would result in both speakers putting out the same sound, corresponding to the sum of the two channels of the recording. Assuming you are playing a stereo recording, what you want is for the left speaker to play the left channel of the recording and the right speaker to play the right channel of the recording. No damage would result, though, regardless of which of those positions the switch is set to, and regardless of whether a stereo or a mono recording is being played. The result would just be that the sound and the imaging would not be right, if you were to play a stereo recording in mono mode.

If you are playing a mono recording though, it would be preferable to set the mode selector switch on the front panel of the 6100 to mono, although it might not make much difference if you leave it in stereo.
The fact that you are using two power amps in mono mode (one for each speaker), rather than a single stereo power amp, has nothing to do with how the 6100’s mode selector switch should be set. The 6100’s mode selector switch should be operated no differently than if you were using a single stereo amp, or the 6100’s built-in stereo power amp, to power the two speakers.

Regards,
-- Al

Post removed 
The people at Richard Grey said their stuff was better. Who do I believe?

By the way, does your unit protect against a direct lightning strike? If it does, how?