Will audio streaming devices push out computer audio?

Just wondering what everyone thinks. There are many audio companies making streaming devices, some even allow the use of hdd, nas devices with music files. Sony, Marantz, Aurender, Bluesound, Sonos, Cocktail Audio, Bryston and others. Will these devices push out computer audio? Will they get better with time and push out turntables?
Will digital make albums obsolete......with time?
128x1282psyop
The Bluesound Vault has a hard drive. not sure how easy it is to save songs to.

The Node 2 is just a streamer

Regards
Turns out I can get the Bluesound 2 connected to my home network and play Spotify. Sounds great so far but...
Cannot get Bluesound Node 2 to recognize AIFF files or folders created by Itunes on my Iomega extrenal HDD . Tried sharing over network from HDD and tried using BLUOS app on desktop with attached HDD. BluOs app on Iphone and desktop BluOs app will not see shared files.
Anyone know where to start?
I want to play my AIFF files over Bluesound app and player."
Is there a way to re-rip files in another format with another software program beside Itunes? Is there a way I can change the AIFF files or folders themselves?
Also, will I need to change some kind of tags to keep albums or playlists intact?
I don’t want to send the Node 2 back if I can get it to play my Itunes created AIFF files.

2psyop,  I think you need to talk to support at Bluesound.  If you can't find your answer on the forums send them an email and they will get back to you.   [email protected]

Yes, contact Bluesound.

from the website...
"Access your downloads and your entire iTunes library – or any other USB NAS drive connected – all without ever turning on a computer. Imagine – Your Music. Your way."
from online review...
"Bluesound is compatible with virtually all digital music formats — including high-resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive."
@2psyop

If your having any trouble/frustration at all contact Bluesound support As tomcy6 and lowrider57 have suggested.

They are fantastic; they respond quickly and will have you up and running in no time.

I wanted a great sounding well thought out streaming solution with great support; that’s why I went with Bluesound. It was a bit of a tough decision because there are some other fine streamers out there that by all accounts are excellent as well; but I have been very happy with my decision.

Like you, when I connected my Node 2 I was streaming and had music playing immediately but it wasn’t recognizing/playing my AIFF iTunes files. I couldn’t figure it out.

I sent a support request from the BluOS AP and within a few hours I had a response. I set up a phone call and remote access and in a few minutes was up and running.

Turned out to be a file sharing issue on my iMac. Once the parameters were activated I was set. Something that I could have handled if I was a little more computer savvy; but that’s exactly the kind of support I was looking for.

Anyways, just wanted share my experience with Bluesound support. They really are outstanding

Cheers,

Scott