Will audio streaming devices push out computer audio?

Just wondering what everyone thinks. There are many audio companies making streaming devices, some even allow the use of hdd, nas devices with music files. Sony, Marantz, Aurender, Bluesound, Sonos, Cocktail Audio, Bryston and others. Will these devices push out computer audio? Will they get better with time and push out turntables?
Will digital make albums obsolete......with time?
128x1282psyop
sbank yes its hard to generalize but my point is I’ve found its easy to get ones foot in the door with good quality digital sound these days, probably better than most have ever had in the past.

Of course its always possible to tweak and improve once you’re in the game.

I use wifi in my main system with no reservations. Have dabbled with newer higher quality bluetooth and see promise there but have not put that to the aid test yet. Soon...

RE: the original post

I just purchased the Bluesound Node 2 and I am very impressed
- neddless to say - my iMac will never be used for music again!

Computers are fraught with software and hardware compatibility issues. Every time a new upgrade or OS version is release the vendors of the playback software are left having to upgrade or re-write.

I lived with the iMac for a few years, but with the Bluesound is in the system - even my wife can use it without fear of crashes or glitches.

I’m a long time computer user, but the Bluesound has made me a convert.

It’s not quite as flexible as the computer, but its easy to use and I can live with the few things it does not do.

Regards...
Looks like the Bluesound Node 2 is a game changer at such an affordable price. 
 Being network capable, you can play directly from your hard drive. Can you then save those files to the Bluesound?

The Bluesound Vault has a hard drive. not sure how easy it is to save songs to.

The Node 2 is just a streamer

Regards
Turns out I can get the Bluesound 2 connected to my home network and play Spotify. Sounds great so far but...
Cannot get Bluesound Node 2 to recognize AIFF files or folders created by Itunes on my Iomega extrenal HDD . Tried sharing over network from HDD and tried using BLUOS app on desktop with attached HDD. BluOs app on Iphone and desktop BluOs app will not see shared files.
Anyone know where to start?
I want to play my AIFF files over Bluesound app and player."
Is there a way to re-rip files in another format with another software program beside Itunes? Is there a way I can change the AIFF files or folders themselves?
Also, will I need to change some kind of tags to keep albums or playlists intact?
I don’t want to send the Node 2 back if I can get it to play my Itunes created AIFF files.