Do you clean your records before play, after play, or once (and then never again)?

All my records have been cleaned at least once, but after play, I'll drop it in my Klaudio ultrasonic cleaner for a quick re-clean. I figure if my stylus is digging / loosening anything in the grooves, it's a good opportunity to get that junk out of there. How about you?
128x128nrenter

That is the purest definition of OCD, my friend.

Marketing and Forums have a lot to answer for.... ;^)

Substitute the words "melting and reforming" for "digging" and it doesn't seem quite so bad, even if only a half-truth...  ;^)

I don't like using the stylus as a dredge, but even after cleaning, some old records will still sound distorted or churn up stuff or foul the stylus- I will do an intensive re-clean, but at a certain point, if the record isn't playing cleanly, I'll look for another copy. I did manage to revive some old copies by multiple cleanings using different cleaning methods, including ultrasonic, but my practices vary, depending on the condition of the record. Every once in a while I'll get an old record that is pristine, but that's the exception. 
nrenter,

I feel this is a luxury to those, like me, who have put in the time and effort.

If I see unwanted (crap) on an lp after I've played it, I put in my AD before packing it away!

Why have all of the equipment if you don't use it to it's max?

Cheers!