Why So Many Raidho Speaker For Sale?

If Raidho speakers are so great, why are there so many pairs for sale here?  These are not inexpensive speakers by any means and it seems at least every other day there is a pair for sale with some people having them only a few weeks to a few months, and they are really taking a bath on them.  What gives?  Are they not as great as they are made to be?  Is Jonathan Valin a shill for the company?

I heard the 4.1 diamond at Blink High End north of Boston and was very unimpressed.  I have heard many other highly regarded speakers for much less money sounding wonderful.  So, what gives?

128x128stereo5
altan,

You think the D1.1 are something, try the D3.1 in your room. It will rock your world. Raidhos have been wildly successful over the last three years. The factory has been backlogged and many owners upgrade once they get addicted leading to second hand sales.
As far as i understand, there are d-x, d-x v2 and d-x.1 models, and d-x.1's are the current line.
One of my friend have d-3 v2. I may take his speakers for a demo(very good and close friend). If i decided on raidho's, which i probably will do, and let u know if it could rock my world :)
Interesting thread to say the least.  I'm so surprised that folks aren't mentioning Vandersteen 7 mk 2's in their discussion of high end speakers of the highest level.  I've heard most of the speakers in this thread in folks homes as I've never been to a show (been in the hobby since 1969).  I think I have decent ears and I fully understand synergy within a system and room.  I realize that we all hear differently and even though I have yet to hear a Wilson or Magico or B&W that Iv'e liked, I do know many who love them and that's awesome as that's what it's all about.  

I've heard smaller Raidhos, but not their top of the line ones.  I couldn't get emotionally involved with them.  Based on this thread they obviously have a very loyal following, so I'm sure they weren't set up to sound their best.

I don't think its the speakers, I think its the name.  Lets face it, people who own them probably just get worn out telling people what Raidhos means.  The ride, journey part is ok though.

Raidō "ride, journey" is the reconstructed Proto-Germanic name of the r- rune of the Elder Futhark . The name is attested for the same rune in all three rune poems, Old Norwegian Ræið Icelandic Reið, Anglo-Saxon Rad, as well as for the corresponding letter of the Gothic alphabet 𐍂 r, called raida. The shape of the rune may be directly derived from Latin R.