Not seeing the sound

The other day, I was playing around with speaker positioning, and hit upon a spot where I could no longer "see" the sound coming out of the speakers directly. Now, the sound seems to be in different places relative to where the speakers stand, sort of in an etherial way. I like it. This may be a dumb question, but does this mean I've finally gotten a "soundstage?"
rlb61
The sound is quite 3D now. There’s width, height and depth, if that makes any sense.
Yup, that’s it. As stated above, the speakers have disappeared.
You should also now hear quite a difference between many digitally remastered (compressed) recordings and the original versions. The original will have depth and space between instruments, e.g., the singer will be forward and center, while the drum kit will be located at the back of the soundstage.

When I achieved this desired quality in my system, I stopped buying compressed remasters and went looking for the original CD's. This applies mainly to Rock and I now shop for music on Discogs.
Reflections and edge difractions are what kill the imaging. Speakers should be 3 feet minimum from any side wall even if that means they are closer together than you would really like.
Now take the next steps,treat the room & move to Tubes.When you can listen to a live recording with crowd sounds seeming to come from hundreds of feet away you will have reached NIRVANA!