Input ground loop hum only when p10 cables or XLR without phantom power are connected

I own a Scarlett 2i4 (USB interface) and all of a sudden a ground loop appeared that only makes noise when p10 cables or XLR cables without phantom power (when I turn it on, it disappears) are connected. I’ve changed the cables several times and nothing seems to work. Please help!
128x128pedropmk_
Thanks, Erik, I'll try the isolator then...I can't really disconnect the USB because the Scarlett 2i4 has no external power source, it's powered solely through USB, so I need it connected in order to hear anything. The hum goes away when I disconnect my notebook power cord, using the battery...But anyhow, I had not heard about these USB galvanic isolators, I'll give them a try.
Hey pedro!

You may need to get the extra power supply for it if your laptop does not provide a high-current port. Just FYI.

Best,

Erik
erik_squires
A ground loop can't be fixed by noise filters or switching cables, or better shielding. You have to break the metallic contact in the loop
That's not exactly correct. What's needed is to get all of the grounds at the same potential. Breaking "metalic contact" is one solution.

erik_squires
Stereophile does all their USB DAC testing with a laptop running from battery power. I think it’s a boneheaded way to test DAC’s
Will you please explain why you think that’s "boneheaded?"