Why pay so much for super high end?

Most speakers costing $50,000+ use Seas, Scan Speak or Accuton.

In DIY forums most speakers designed use bargain drivers and usually are only 2.0 designs not bookshelf or center speakers to complete a surround system.

I’d love to have a Scan Speak 11 speaker system for atmos with 3 way bookshelves, center and floorstanders.

Why aren’t the designs out there and why are you guys pissing away all your money.

Personally I won’t get an upgrade from my speakers unless it’s of this caliber and neither can I afford nor want to donate money to these thieves.

A 3rd party 11 speaker atmos scan Speak system would be nice but I’m not spending $250,000.

Why on earth aren’t there designs out there for this and why do you all piss away your money?

I don’t get why hi fi isn’t all DIY even honest factory direct companies mark up 300%.

Unless you pull in $1+ million a year and don’t have any time I don’t get it.

Are you guys lazy?

Someone easily could design a great crossover and cabinets for everyone and the days of paying over $3,500 for a pair of loud speakers if you got some time or know a friend who could build cabinets would be over. I know of people who could design cabinets that rival $100,000 speakers and cost less than 1% than that.  Someone with some experience could easily design a diamond, beryllium and soft dome and various versions for various tastes.

I don’t get it. Speakers are so simple.  Crossovers cabinets and drivers.

You guys just throw your money away I don’t understand it why?

funaudiofun
bo1972

What do you think of multichannel/surround for audio? I see a lot of people trying it, and they like the results. For me, I haven't heard a music surround system that I liked. It doesn't sound real. In truth, I find it annoying. To be fair, I don't like surround sound in movies either. Maybe its just me.
Douglas,

Darwinian theory is not poor science. It is actually very good observation and a theory formulated long before we had an understanding of DNA. However, with an understanding of DNA and viruses I think we now know today that Darwinian theory is not the complete story of evolution. We are now finding that the extensive amounts of DNA that everything carries can in certain circumstances be accessed or used - sometimes a virus can turn things on and sometimes DNA can jump from one thing to another. There is a deeper connection between all living things than Darwin realized and some of that useless DNA can be harnessed. 

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150619-there-is-alien-dna-inside-you

FYI Human DNA is very close to a banana! Looks can be highly deceiving - things are more alike than they appear and this may explain some of the more surprising things we see in nature that might not be possible in a traditional Darwinian view but suggest giant leaps!
Till 2010 most tests I did were in stereo. But in 2010 I started with acoustic measurement. And also tests in surround.

We use Audyssey, but at a totally different way then how Audyssey uses it. Because they make different mistakes in their way of measuring.

They do have little knowledge in how instruments and voices sound and how they are projected in real. 

When you do a measurement with Audyssey you can create a better balance  with all the speakers togheter. But there are still many mistakes they made.

I work with professional lasers, at 0.5mm precision and we measure at a totally different way. The results are superior in each single aspect you judge sound for.

We call it Statement Audio Pro measurement. In both stereo and surround it is a satement. Because the level in realism and details is so much higher than any level in sound possible.

It will bring surround and cinemas to a much higher level. Most speakers in cinemas are 2 dimensional, like the amps they are using are 2 dimensional.

They call Auro 3D and Dolby Atmos 3D. It has nothing to do with 3 dimensional sound. During a show of Auro 3D I explained the Auro people that they gave a 2 dimensional demo. When I explained it in details they understood.

When a speaker and amp cannot create stagte depth and width, the sound is still 2D. When you use hight speskers this will not change it.

By using lasers and measuring much more precise I created stealth low freqency. This means that the subwoofer is in phase with the speakers and the energy is exactly were it is of the recording.

Statement Audio Pro is the only reason why I and many of my clients got interested in surround. Without S.A.P.-measurement surround can be very exhausting. This is based on the unbalance in sound.

Audio in both stereo and surround need to be used based on properties. This creates a superior level in sound and emotion. Most systems are 2 dimensional, no single person in the world will be satisfied with any kind of 2 dimensional sound after time. This is based on our emotion.

Let's say you spend $30,000 on speakers... that will get you a full frequency range of sound, as well as some other things.

Then you decide to upgrade - what would you get at the next level above that?
People forget that when a speaker can start at let's say; 20hz, it only can reach this at a very high level of volume.

When you don't play loud, it will never reach 20hz even if a speaker is able to go this low.

When you use a subwoofer, it is possible to reach a much lower frequency at a lower volume level.