WiFi System Upgrades

What should I upgrade (if anything) in the following playback chain?

I use iTunes on a Mac Mini to play ripped CDs (Apple Lossless) via WiFi to an Apple TV3.

A Cambridge DacMagic does the D to A and it then goes into my regular analog system (Sonic Frontiers Line One pre-amp; Sunfire Cinema grand bi-amping the Maggie 1.5QR speakers - which are likely to become 1.7i soon).

I hear a lot about other players besides iTunes.
The DacMagic seems pretty good even today.
Or I could eliminate WiFi by buying another computer and moving this one into the room where the stereo system is, using some sort of cable to go directly into the DacMagic.

What would you change and why?
randy-11
I find that with about every other Bluesound OS update, I have to reboot the whole system, which involve unplugging the Ethernet source from the router, unplugging my Vault 2, Node, and Pulse Mini and re starting them, occasionally more than once.  One time I had to reindex collection.  I cringe with every update
Guys - Thanks for the input - I’m getting there :-)

What I did find is that the Bluesound seems to be sensitive to routers used in the "network" pathways

For example my router/device path is was as follows
1. is a Wireless Router/Modem that connects to the internet - also has 4 ethernet ports and is the DCHP server fro my LAN
2. is an 8 port ethernet router switch connect to #1
3. is a 5 port ethernet router switch connects to #2
4. my NAS Drive connects to #3 via ethernet
5. my Bluesound connects to #3 via ethernet

A bit complex, but #3 is located with the TV and #1 and #2 are in the basement - I had needed more that the 4 ethernet ports provided on #1, hence the need for #2

I have tried many different configurations, but the above worked te best - until now.

I’ve since removed #2 from the network
#3 now connects directly to #1 and I can now at least see the PowerNode 2

Getting the PowerNode to see the drive can be trying at times and I have not figured out why - yet :-)

I did have issues with re-indexing - the process appeared to see only one song - I have 4000+++ in my library - but that seems to have resolved itself as of this morning
I hasten to add - this is not unique to the Bluesound - my existing setup suffers similar issues.

If anyone else has experienced similar issues please tell us how you resolved them - e.g. if a particular ethernet router switch caused the issues - which brand was it and which brand resolved it

Having said that - I just turned on my phone and the library was visible and active - go figure :-)

I am still very impressed by this little box and the comments from my wife - she likes the manual controls on the top of the unit - "it's so simple" - only time will tell :-)

Thanks again

Scott, after success with the Powernode 2 on my av system, today I purchased the Node 2 for my audio system .

It was easy to setup an  A/B comparison between its built in DAC and analogue output stage to that of my Bifrost.

Verdict - I cannot discern any difference between the two units.

And that result is even before the Node 2 is burned in. it is also using a stock power cable, so it should start performing even better.

Needless to say I'm extremely impressed and a very happy camper indeed 😆
That's great, williewonka. You have a fantastic system; thanks for providing feedback on the comparison.

I know I enjoy my Node 2 a lot. I haven't had high dollar sources in my system but the it's the best source I've had.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott one further update - I have just completed installing the Node 2 into my system using an excellent cables ( power & IC's).

As I suspected the Node 2 up'd it's game and it was easily noticeable...
- improved clarity
- finer details
- more precise imaging and spacial accuracy.

Can't wait for it to burn in :-)

I've compared my DAC/Vlink192 setup to many other brands and configurations and most paled in comparison, so the Bluesound really is a very nice surprise and so affordable

If you have a Bluesound - Give it some TLC and get the best cables you can afford - it responds very well.

BACKGROUND INFO - My comments are based on streaming tracks from my NAS drive only, that is connected via ethernet cable (no wireless). I have not yet tried any streaming services

Resolution of tracks include MP3, 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192 and are mainly RAW and AIFF.

That's about it :-)

Cheers