Can Tube Amps be Used for Home Theater?

I am thinking about upgrading my Class D amps to Class A tube amps. As I will be new to tube amps can they amps be left on all the time? My TV is wired thorugh my system so the amps need to be active at all times.
sailcappy
At one point, I was using all ARC tube amps for my home theatre. (I didn't leave them on all the time, of course). The system consisted of a very old Dual 75a that I have owned since the early 70's, a Classic 60 that was relatively new, and a large monoblock that I purpose bought to use as a center channel amp. (the woofers, a pair of velodynes, were self-powered).
The system sounded great with Snell speakers, but it was HOT after a few hours in the viewing room. I have slowly migrated away, first switching to solid state for the rears, then eventually all channels. I now use a large McIntosh multi-channel amp with oodles of power, and, at least for home theatre use, it sounds great. (My music system is not part of this theater system). I still use tubes in the audio system, but that's another story.
Thanks and I will now skip tubes. I assume a Hybrid Amp would be in the same league. I will stick to SS and let the fun begin.
Actually a hybrid would be much less of a problem for continuous operation . Usually the hybrid is only one 9 pin dual triode miniature tube. I think that they rarely do much in terms of delivering the tube magic but others disagree. These small tubes run at much lower voltages use little energy and last a long while (10,000 hrs some claim). Still all SS maybe your best bet in terms of sound quality which is obviously your goal .
I was trying to read through your system list and figure out what you are
using as a preamp for music, is it the ARCAM processor? I'm not in any
way dissing ARCAM, or theatre processors in general (well, maybe a little
bit on the latter), but if you wanted to try see what effect some tubes would
have in your system, a tube preamp or line stage might be the ticket. I
never tried to integrate my home theatre and music systems, so i'm not
sure what that would entail.
I also found that multichannel audio can be very good for some material,
less so for other music. So, I'm not voting against having multiple channels
in your music system. However, you might have some fun trying your set
up (it looks like you could do this as an experiment), by just hooking up a
simpler two channel system, temporarily, and using a really good line
stage? (This may go against the grain of running digital sources 'directly'
into the amps, but if I am reading your system correctly, you aren't doing
that anyway, you are running your sources through the processor?)