Standmount speakers 4k-8k

On the lookout for standmount/bookshelf in the 4k-8k range. I've now got Monitor Audio GX-50 which are great for the price but I'm looking higher now. 
So far I've heard Aerial 5t, Totem Element Fire and Kef Reference one. The Kef's offer a huge sound, but are, hard to describe it, a bit grainy in tone. The Totem are sweeter, but a little dead sounding. The 5t were really quite good--fast, clear, lively. None of them had noticeably better bass than what I'm using now! so I'm still in the hunt. 
Very interested to know if anyone has heard the new Monitor Platinum II line, particularly the 100s, which are what I'm interested in. 
I'll be listening to some Focals soon, and Dynaudio. 
Any other tips? I need to get something fairly small, and very conventional looking (that's why not listening to BW D3). 

Thanks folks. 
rsg
128x128rsgottlieb
Post removed 
I'd like to add another Proac Response D2 recommendation. I've owned mine for about a year now and they really communicate the music. Proac speakers have a distinctive personality which I find very appealing. KEFs would also be a good choice, but a very different sort of sound. I briefly auditioned a pair of Totem Element Fires which seemed pinpoint accurate, but sounded a little more recessed and slightly less sweet than my Proacs. I didn't get to hear them in my own room though. As the above posts illustrate, there are many excellent speakers out there and choosing the right ones can be a fun adventure and/or an exercise in frustration. Best of luck with your search. Hope you'll let us know when you finally decide. Footnote: if you buy Proacs new (and this is true of many speakers) please have patience with them; they take at least 100 hours of playing before they find their voice but when they do, you'll hear the magic. This is based on personal experience.
The KEF reference one are the best that I have heard in this price range. I own a pair of the blade two, and feel that the reference one are very competitive.  I have heard them with a number of amplifiers and source components in a listening room at a local high end dealer. They have been my favorites for the past two years.