Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
I agree with pirius,the Lexicon RT20 is surprisingly good(with adequate isolation/conditioning in my ref Spectral/MIT system). Significantly faster and more musical 5400 ES which I owned when I bought the RT20;no contest.The RT20 also does a very good job outputting DVD on HDMI.
jayctoy - " 2 Channel,  the technology is so good. And it's cheaper, why go with the old tech"

Limited funds. Besides, I love getting something of value for a low cost. It's part of the hobby for me. I had pretty much settled on a used Oppo bdp-103 for less than $300 when a Marantz SA8004 popped up for $550. I hesitated and lost both. The SA8004s don't come up often.
Hi ptss,

"Significantly faster and more musical" than the "5400 ES which I owned when I bought the RT20;no contest"

Ever compare either to the Modwright 5400ES?

Best to you ptss,
Dave

tpreaves, Jafant, bassdude, J135

I received my Modwright modified Sony on Friday. The first thing I noticed was how well it was packaged. While connecting it to my system I noticed that the IEC inlet was replaced and that it made a better mechanical connection with my Audience AU24 SE power cord. This was a pleasant surprise as Dan Modwright did not inform me of this upgrade.

His invoice specified that he had:
1. Replaced the entire drive mechanism including the tray and Laser
2. Replaced the Clock
3.Replaced (5) op-amps on the audio board with high fidelity op-amps.
4. Replaced key capacitors and diodes within the power supply
5. Dampened Drive mechanism
6 Dampened the case lid.
7. Installed a new Furutech IEC

Since receipt of the player I have played it for a total of 10 hours. Each time
I play it it sounds a little better. It is not yet fully broken in so I cannot post " a review " at this time. I can say however that I am very impressed with what I am hearing.

I will post a short progress review at the end of November, by which time it will have about 60 hours of playing time. It will probably not be fully broken in but at that time I will have a much clearer understanding of its peformance.

Finally, I must mention that it was a pleasure working with the organization.
Most of my communications was with Kristin Rose Boyd who is the Executive Director of Operations.