Processor upgrade from Integra 9.8?

With arrival of new SOTA TV, will be going from 99% 2-channel to 85%. For 3-d capability, my question is whether to upgrade to Integra DHC-80.3/Onkyo PR-SC5508 or to go higher up the chain. Not sure what, if anything, I will be giving up by purchasing at the $2K price point vs $5K, other than, of course, an extra $3K of expense. Also have an Oppo BDP-95 on the way for Blue-Ray/3D. Will be incorporating front speakers, preamp and amps from 2-channel into the HT system.

Thanks for any help.
fplanner2010
I'm not a fan of any sort of "switches" in an audio chain - any suggestions? My theory was to just carry over the sub settings manually when I re-connect the sub to my 2-channel preamp. Thanks.

Also, did you see anything new under $5K that competes with the Integra/Onkyo? I've also been looking at used Theta Casablanca IIIs, but that seems to be several levels more intense than I currently want to deal with for HT. There are also way more variables and options than I really want to deal with, unless there is some way to simplify all this.
1. You cannot "just carry over the sub settings manually when I re-connect the sub to my 2-channel preamp" because the new configuration will affect the overall transfer function due to whatever filters are in place in the the latter.

2. Da capo: Get the 80.2/3 or the 5508.

Kal
Kal- Thanks very much for your responses.

Would I not have this same bass configuration issue with the 80.2/3? I hope you are saying my sub will be recognized despite not being directly connected to the Integra by the 80.2/3.?
Nope. I am suggesting you take advantage of the superior analog audio of the newer models in lieu of your more complex configuration.
Hi
Did anybody hear the new Mcintosh MX121? It is supposed to cost 6k, to come with Audyssey (don't know if the 32 version) and was presented at CES.