Processor upgrade from Integra 9.8?

With arrival of new SOTA TV, will be going from 99% 2-channel to 85%. For 3-d capability, my question is whether to upgrade to Integra DHC-80.3/Onkyo PR-SC5508 or to go higher up the chain. Not sure what, if anything, I will be giving up by purchasing at the $2K price point vs $5K, other than, of course, an extra $3K of expense. Also have an Oppo BDP-95 on the way for Blue-Ray/3D. Will be incorporating front speakers, preamp and amps from 2-channel into the HT system.

Thanks for any help.
fplanner2010
Fplanner2010-

Your dealer is misinformed. None of the Integras will digitize the MCH analog inputs and, therefore, none will be able to apply Audyssey to that input. Besides, you would loose any of the advantages of the Oppo analog output by redigitizing it.

Kal
An issue with the Audyssey is that it won't recognize my sub unless it is directly attached to the Integra. Since it is hooked up to my 2-channel audio preamp, which is in turn connected to the Integra, its not being recognized. I suppose I could just hook it directly to the Integra for calibration pruposes?
I am not sure that would work. What you might consider is a switch that would connect it to the 2-channel preamp for stereo and the Integra for MCH.

Kal
I'm not a fan of any sort of "switches" in an audio chain - any suggestions? My theory was to just carry over the sub settings manually when I re-connect the sub to my 2-channel preamp. Thanks.

Also, did you see anything new under $5K that competes with the Integra/Onkyo? I've also been looking at used Theta Casablanca IIIs, but that seems to be several levels more intense than I currently want to deal with for HT. There are also way more variables and options than I really want to deal with, unless there is some way to simplify all this.