Tube Preamp for around 2K?

I currently have a Juicy Music Peach II preamp that is being serviced and may replace the unit.  I have looked around the 2K mark and have found the Rogue Perseus Magnum, the Cary SLP 98L and the Rogue 99 Super Magnum.  I have also seen a few ARC LS 17SE for around $2500.   I like the JMA peach (6h30) but would be open to trying a different tube sound.  Looks like the Rogue 99 and the Cary have the same 6sn7 tube vs the Perseus 12au7.  The ARC would be another (6h30) approach.  I originally bought the Peach to match my Klipsch RF-7s but I now have Martin Logan Ethos and use a 200 watt SS B&K amp.  The Perseus has all the features i want (2 outputs, HT bypass, remote) and is the best from a price perspective.   I have read the Cary and the 99 will have a fatter tone but at the expense of frequency extremes.  The ML's don't have a harsh top end like the Klipsch so i am not sure I want to mute the top end at all.  

Would the Perseus be the best option of this bunch for a dynamic open sound with the most 3D soundstage?  My gut tells me the Cary SLP is the better product but i don't have any objective reason.  The ARC is probably the most accurate but i fear it will  be boring and not really sound like a tube preamp.  Thoughts?
macallan7
I will take a guess. There is no good enough $2k used tube preamp unless the unit is very old or the seller is desperate or drunk. Forget it. $3.5 - $4.5K is a realistic range.
I’m using a Cayin SC-6LS with a Usher R1.5 and it’s great.Circuit Loves tube rolling and am having great impacts due to rolling. Recently got 3 NOS Mullard 12AU7 CV 4004 M8136 yes the holy grail and it sounds absolutely fabulous with everything from Nirvana to Miles Davis. I also have bunch of Sovteks which I find bright loud and tad dynamic ,but hey that brightness is tube brightness and not SS brightness which I hate. Getting Tungsol and Brimer soon.

As for you get the Cary it’s the best among all you have chosen but the BAT somebody mentioned here. I was going to get a Cary SLP03 but the Cayin beat it hands down! Look at Shengya and line magnetic too great stuff.
Inna,
I'm not so sure about that.  The Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamplifier has garnered enough word of mouth  (oowners) and professional reviews to possibly counter your assertion.  The Don Sachs SP14 is another example that may also go counter to your statement above. The cost/performance ratio can be very deceptive with high end audio products. 
Charles, 
I love my Van Alstine Fet Valve CF preamp.  30-day trial period - sounds dynamic and clear.  Several great reviews out there.

Best, Scott