Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
bassdude.

Thanks for your recommendations. Modwright has agreed to modify my Sony disc player. I am not doing his famous "TRUTH" mod as I do not need the added warmth of tubes.

Modwright told me he does not do repairs only, but he will repair AND modify. We have not gone into the details of the proposed modifications
but I am not prepared to spend more than $1000.

By the way I agree with you that the " The Sony player is that good"
I have provided an ideal environment for my Sony. It sits of a Symposium Acoustics Svelte Plus platform, with Rollerblocks JNR, Audience AU24SE power cord. It is fitted with two Synergistic Research black fuses. I have also prevented the top cover from ringing. 
JI35             9-22-2016

"Used Marantz SA-14S1 sometimes come up for low price and is excellent"

There is an  excellent review of the Marantz SA-14S1 by Jeff Parks in issue 52 of Positive feedback online. Based on this review, I actually decided to purchase the Marantz for list price ($2500) from Sound Components who is an authorized dealer. They offered a 5 year warranty. However after speaking to Dan Wright, I decided to modify my Sony and save $1500.00

The Marantz is now my PLAN B if the deal with Modwright fails?

What would you consider " a low price"  for a used the Marantz?  How would you describe its sound?

BY THE WAY do you drive an Infinity?. My wife used to drive an Infinity and
if I remember correctly, the model name was JI135

SO to be clear none of you are going with the $1200 Oppo 105, with ESS saber Dacs and audiophile grade outputs with XLR connections and is rated among units that cost thousands more in the latest class A recommendation from Stereophile? OK.     I would buy this over the Marantz anyday.  I have also heard this unit connected (via USB audio input) to a Aurender music server and the results are stunning with the stock Oppo!! 

Matt M                             
I would be interested in what "repairs and mods" you ultimately decide upon and why. Because, I may do the same.

Though, I agree, I'm not sure I would want to do anything to diminish the detail resolution, and clarity of the Sony... if... the tube mod does that.  That's the reason I prefer the Sony to the Marantz - so, I wouldn't want a mod to make it sound more like a Marantz (though the Marantz does sound good).