Power conditioner help

Hi All,

Posting this here since there is no section devoted to power products. I also posted it in the miscellaneous section. 

If you had a choice between PS Audio P10 power plant and a Transparent Powerisolator Reference, which would you choose and why? Both available at reasonable prices, though P10 is still quite a bit more. I have a pretty high end system with a Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 integrated amp, NuVista CD (the new one), Scoutmaster turntable, SDS/ADS, Herron VTPH2, Wilson Sashas, and all Transparent Ref MM2 cables. System sounds great, but my present Powerbank 8 is quite old now, so I want to upgrade it.

Thanks for your opinions.
arsh
This is a very interesting thread. As far as balanced power goes, I have only read a little about this and all of it has been vendor material. I have yet to get an audio amp manufacturer (other than PS Audio) to weigh in, and would welcome that.

@jay23 Thank you for the excellent video which brilliantly shows one of the problems when "everything in the chain" needs to be up to a minimal level. I completely understand the demonstrated example where the power cord was sub-par in terms of denying the meter the full current that would otherwise be available.

You are correct: I should get such a meter and perform an electrical test at the wall outlet and again at a P10 outlet. That would be informative in terms of what "load" the P10 presents. ...However, what is a "huge transformer" from a load perspective? Certainly it presents a loss in terms of consuming current, but it also buffers current in its magnetic core.

If I understand simple electrical theory sufficiently, then that loss is an issue when the amp draw approaches the effective current limit at the component/amp socket. If I understand this, that means we need a properly sized power regenerator that exceeds the amp draw by some not-by-myself-understood amount of unused current. For my Ayon and other components, these are drawing no more than 750va ...and the P10 is capable of 1500va — a 50% excess of power is available.

Did I get that right? If so, where is the starving?
I am learning a lot from all of this. And I started out with what I thought was a simple query. I am researching whole house surge protectors like the Environmental Potentials 2050. Any experience with those sorts of devices? Thanks.
I had a PS Audio Premier and replaced it with a Transparent Power Isolator 4. The Transparent was a huge step up from the Premier, so I would go with the Transparent. I would also have dedicated lines put in if you don't have them already. They make a huge difference. If you don't have dedicated lines, do that before getting a power conditioner, if you can.
Thanks mrvordo. Very helpful indeed! I already have a dedicated line, so I'm  covered there. I have decided to go with the PIR and a PCXL too. 
arsh,

I am a big Transparent cabling fan and a number of years ago, I was visiting Audio Advice in Raleigh NC.  Their main room featured Wilson Audio speakers, ARC/Bryston gear and OPUS complete cabling.

They were also using all of the different Transparent PC in all of their rooms, even the smaller/less costly set-ups.  Mark Levinson, Classe' Rotel
B&W, Aerial speakers.