CEDIA 2016

What are your thoughts of CEDIA 2016?
calvinj
I met Richard Schram of Parasound today. Great guy! Talked a little audio. I own his CD1 CD player. I also stopped by LG and SONY to check out the new TV's. I heard MQA on the new MYTEK Brooklyn DAC. I was impressed. This is just for starters I'm going back for for more today!
Hi Calvin,

I have e-mailed Richard, he is a nice guy.

The Mytek Brooklyn DAC, which I own, is very nice sounding, regardless of format played. I listen to everything from Netflix, Redbook CD and DSD on it.

I have done some listening with MQA vs. non, and am completely unimpressed by MQA. See the discussion on MQA in the Music section. If you go back I have a small request. See if you can get some info on any tracks that are good for A/B comparison that are FREE. I may have more time to listen later next week.

Also, please be aware that a lot of the MQA demonstration material are re-mixes, so it's good to ask what you are listening to.

Best,

Erik
I will be stopping by one more time tomorrow.  The people at Parasound are great!  Richard was nice helpful and engaging. He treated everyone I saw him meet with interest and respect.  I own the Parasound CD1. The Halo integrated is very intriguing. I will see if I can get more info on the MQA stuff. I also stopped by the MBL room. It was a smooth non-fatiguing sound. Impressive. I also stopped by Golden Ear. It was  just Ok. I stopped by the Denon/Marantz theater room.  I really liked it. Great stuff for Home Theater. I stopped in on High Fidelity Cables. Rick Schultz is working on new innovations as usual.  I'm really enjoying checking out all the new stuff.
I listened to the kef blade but it wasnt in a listening room. It was hooked up with hegel 360. It was not in the right listening enviorment. That's about it!